User talk:Quincy/Armed With Wings (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
This is a ridiculously broken class. Specifically looking at the energy maximums. You're trying to tell me that at level 11, you can make an attack against EVERY enemy you can see, for what's effectively an automatic crit on which you can crit again to double THAT damage, without provoking attacks of opportunity or reactions? Ironically, this ability gets weaker as you level up past 11, because you can only get an energy point from attacking and the energy required to use it goes UP with levels. --Billeh007 (talk) 00:03, 19 February 2016 (MST)--22.214.171.124 00:02, 19 February 2016 (MST)
First off, I don't quite understand the energy points. At level one, once you've made a successful melee strike once all weapon attacks deal double damage? Later, you get free attacks dealing half damage equal to the number of attacks that hit dealing half damage, plus 5 full attacks? So in one turn, without using action surge, you can do 5 double damage attacks and 5 normal damage attacks?
- The class is riddled with errors. Light Of Foot: "and opponents have a -2 to their AC for this strike alone (-5 if they have no helmet)"; Strikes of Succession: "free action"; "Channel The Mysterious Force": just, all of it; Filled Mind: "resistance to magic", "once per long rest", "unknown damage type", and so on and so on.
- However, I suspect this is a hit-and-run class, as the OP was anonymous and hasn't edited since this was first posted in December. Marasmusine (talk) 04:03, 19 February 2016 (MST)
- Yeahhh... It's still hecka unbalanced, despite the numerous (mostly anonymous) hands that have been in the pot since then. At this point almost every single feature is overpowered in some way (is starting with five skill proficiencies and "one magical item" even a feature?), and I'm not sure there's even something to salvage here. I could be tempted to attempt to "fix" the class, but when it would be so different it barely resembles what it used to be (including a name change no less), then what's the point? Would it be excessive to put up a deletion proposal on this? At this point I think it should just be put out of its misery. - Guy (talk) 22:59, 28 April 2017 (UTC)
=I tinkered with this heavily....not Op
Has this class been edited recently? Because I'd like to edit it, considering how cool the concept is if I could.
I tried to rebalance it to focus more on the energy point economy, and tried to make damage less powerful, so I'm just about done and I'm wondering what else of what I edited would need rebalancing. Please let me know what I should change if I should. Thanks
- You fixed up some problems the class had, but it still has a bunch of problems including:
- Class does absurd DPR, you can attack 4 times pert attack action at 15th level and this class has multiple features that compliment the class doing damage, I would recommend reducing the number of attacks down to 3
- Promised Destiny, does the class have spellcasting or not? You should make the spellcasting similar to the Warlock with spells up to 4th level instead of this feature
- fly speed should probably be changed to 40ft/50ft maximum
- Class has an exorbitant amount of features, the class should have 1 feature at every level, except maybe 1st and/or 2nd level
- Needs a d8 hit dice
Specific Class Features, (just a quick look through and the class is a complete mess)
- Standard Saving Throw changed to 8
- Exceptional Athletics. should be reduced to just the first level option
- Energy Maximums. seems blatantly overpowered, for 1 point you gain +2 to attack rolls for a minute? Also spending 3 points for all those benefits seems absurdly powerful and it is. Overall the Energy Maximums system needs an overhaul, I would recommend giving the class a high starting amount of points and them gaining small amounts every level
- Unarmored Defense. is already incredibly strong, you should not make it stronger by giving the class free AC, the proficiency modifier should be changed to another Ability Score Increase
- Action surge. that is not how action surge works, see action surge
- Wing Buffet. broken damage at later levels
- Extra Attack. should be changed to 3 attacks at the VERY most because otherwise you are a flying class that deals absurd DPR, with other powerful features the extra attack should stay at 2 attacks
- Promised Destiny. free spells at a random level? I am not sure what to say besides it requires a rework
- Winged Charge. wording seems off, also couldn't you just fly in a circle then attack a creature for the effect?
- Channel the Mysterious Force. Varying range, damage, Strength saving throw, and the wording is a bit awkward
- Filled Mind. Capitalization problems
- Bond To The World. What. At 13th level you can use this to recover 26d6 HP. Again what? This feature should be removed
- Bladed wings. Because 6d6 damage is balanced at 13th level, feature can be reworked to maybe use your reaction to buffed or slashing a creature with your wings
- Feather Storm. Wait so you use a broken saving throw PLUS your profiency bonus on an effect with varying range based on level, it also last for 2 rounds(round counting) and you can use it multiple times... This feature should be removed
- True Wings. Dash as bonus action, Extra damage, increased saving throw DC, and +6 to two ability scores. I again, am saying this feature needs to be removed
- Yep there are various problems with the archetypes as well.
- Draconic flight. Overpowered with damage and the flying through weather part does not make sense
- Draconic Power. The wording of the feature is very poor, it talks about enemy creatures making saving throws then it talks about if you fail? Also what in the world does that last sentence even mean?