From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello PokeDM and welcome to D&D Wiki. I hope you have been enjoying D&D Wiki and I hope you have been finding the information here useful. I am an admin (and, actually, the owner as well). Everything relating to admins can be found here.
If you have any questions about a specific page please ask it on that pages talk page. All other questions should be asked to another; user, admin, or me, the owner (ask me a question).
Formatting on D&D Wiki (or any wiki for that matter) can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Again, if you have any questions about formatting on D&D Wiki please ask them as, I imagine, anybody will be more than happy to help you get them answered.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I am sure you will find it rather nice. Most discussions take place on content talk pages, however please feel free to ask specific D&D-related questions on DnD Discussions. Anyway, possibly since discussions are never deleted, people try to be nice. This means follow Wikipedia's guidelines on civility and etiquette when discussing anything. Also, on a pretty different note, to ensure people know who posted what, please sign your name after a post with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon (). This will automatically produce your name and the date. Anyway, I hope you come to love D&D Wiki and the community and welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --Green Dragon 04:33, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
Welcome, and Pokemon
Hi, and welcome to Dandwiki. You'll get a message on behalf of the entire wiki introducing you to how we do things around here soon, this message is from me, Badger. I noticed you're adding Pokemon to the wiki. Either you're about to start one of the longest endeavors on this wiki, or you're only going to add a few of your favorites as 3.5e monsters. Either way, it's quite an undertaking. I don't know if you already have planned out how you want to make Pokemon work within a DnD setting or not, but I can show you an example of someone else's attempts if you'd like. Frank and Emma Trollman (This is the Frank of "Frank and K", if you're familiar with his Tome series) did a great deal of Pokemon monster making, and it's pretty solid (even though it's not how I think I would do it). Ok then, welcome to the wiki. --Badger 00:34, 11 April 2010 (UTC)
Hi, and welcome to Dandwiki. You'll get a message on behalf of the entire wiki introducing you to how we do things around here soon, this message is from me, Badger. I noticed you're adding Pokemon to the wiki. Either you're about to start one of the longest endeavors on this wiki, or you're only going to add a few of your favorites as 3.5e monsters. Either way, it's quite an undertaking. --Badger 00:34, 11 April 2010 (UTC)
- Yes it is. Care to help me? I want to get it done before generation five comes out.
I noticed a lot of your creatures are 1/5 CR. Right now the options are 1/6 or 1/4, but there's nothing for 1/5. I didn't know if you wanted to change your CRs or add a new category (changing is a whole lot easier, hint hint). JazzMan 17:04, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
- Category would make more sense based on what their levels are. If you looked at the entire entry for the creatures, you'd notice the special advancement. The CR for these creatures is 1/5 their hit dice. Obviously, 1/5 multiplied by one is still 1/5. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by PokeDM (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts.
- I'd do it if I knew how to... PokeDM 18:09, 3 June 2010 (UTC)
- PokeMon. Challenge Rating. They made their own.
Do I get a say in this? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by PokeDM (talk • contribs) 11:31, 13 June 2011 (UTC). Please sign your posts.
- Yes. See also Candidates for Deletion. --Green Dragon 12:05, 13 June 2011 (MDT)
- My entire user contributions page, apparently. I haven't been on in awhile, but really? PokeDM 11:57, 16 June 2011 (MDT)
- That's not possible. It's a part of MediaWiki. See also Special:Contributions/PokeDM. --Green Dragon 12:47, 16 June 2011 (MDT)
- My guess is he is referring to a user category. An admin should really write some announcement somewhere, as this seems to have been very confusing for a lot of people. --Badger 15:24, 16 June 2011 (MDT)
- Ah, I see. It should not have been created in the first place, so no, unfortunately, you don't get a say in it. As it is, though, nothing has yet been removed from it, so it's at least easy for you to make your own list and keep it in a subpage of your user page if you like. (Also, in general, any page up for deletion *always* has the "discuss" link, so nothing is ever up for deletion without the author getting a say, unless the author never comes back or it's something like obvious spam or vandalism.)
- And Badger, I agree. Not really sure where to put it, though, since the rules for this place are somewhat randomly spread out. JazzMan 16:27, 16 June 2011 (MDT)
- I suppose we could make a page like "DanDWiki Policies", or something like that (if we've not already got one like that), with a bulleted list of policies. Each item could have a link to the Discussion page where it was discussed. --Badger 17:04, 16 June 2011 (MDT)
- If you are talking about usercategories: Actually, you would get a say in it if it was possible for them to have some merit. How it stands with history, Special:NewPages, and Special:Contributions usercategories hurt the spirit of wiki and have been noticed as such. --Green Dragon 12:44, 20 June 2011 (MDT)
Ash, Are you still with us? --Redrum 17:05, 5 July 2017 (MDT)