From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
Clouded mountain peaks, many of which have religious or ceremonial importance to those who live below, tower over jungle canopies. Few know of the ancient ruined cities near the rocky summits, concealed amid the clouds. Dwelling in such ancient ruins are the jungle kobolds.
Those few explorers who have reached the cities report that their jungle kobold residents claim to have built them, pointing to reptilian and draconic images on the walls and in the architecture as evidence. Th explorers report, however, that the cities were obviously built by and for people larger than the little reptilian humanoids.
Jungle kobolds lack the cowardice common to other kobolds, thanks to the isolation of their mountain peak homes. By all reports they show a calmer, more generous side than other kobolds do.
Racial Traits: Jungle kobolds have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, –4 Strength, –2 Intelligence: Live at high altitude has toughened jungle kobolds, but their isolation has hindered their intellectual growth.
- Humanoid (Reptilian).
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 of those of Medium characters.
- A jungle kobold’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- +1 natural armor bonus.
- Light Sensitivity (Ex): Jungle kobolds are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Altitude Adaption: Jungle kobolds are adapted to life at high altitudes, and thus don’t suffer altitude sickness. They are always considered acclimated to high altitudes.
- +2 racial bonus on Climb checks: Jungle kobolds add their Dexterity modifier to Climb checks instead of their Strength modifier.
- +2 racial bonus on Search checks.
- Automatic Language: Draconic. Bonus Languages: Common, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +0.