From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
Aquatic halflings are much more settled than their surface-dwelling cousins. Their slight size means they are easily buffeted by currents that flow beneath the waves like rivers of the surface world. Many predatory creatures think nothing of swooping down on such small prey. As a result, aquatic halflings often live among dwarves and humans, within the defense those races provide.
Racial Traits: Aquatic halflings have the following traits.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength.
- Humanoid (Aquatic, Halfling): An aquatic halfling has aquatic subtype. An aquatic halfling can breathe underwater. She cannot also breathe air unless she also has the amphibious special quality. An aquatic halfling can hold her breath outside the water for 2 rounds per point of Constitution. After that, she begins to suffocate.
- Small: As a Small creature, an aquatic halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Aquatic halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
- An aquatic halfling has a swim speed of 20 feet. She can move through water at her swim speed without making Swim checks. She has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some action or avoid a hazard. She can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. She can use the run action while swimming, provided she swims in a straight line.
- Low-Light Vision: An aquatic halfling can see four times as far as a nonaquatic human in starlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +2 Racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Move Silently checks.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the aquatic halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass aquatic halfling’s rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0*.
Back to Main Page → Variant Rules → Races → Environmental Racial Variants → Aquatic Races