The Transistor (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Transistor Otherworldly Patron
The Transistor is an Otherworldly Patron for the warlock.
A Transistor is a mechanical greatsword that contains and absorbs the spirits of dead people. Those spirits give it magical power.
- Expanded Spell List
The Transistor lets you choose from an expanded list of spells when you learn a warlock spell. The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.
|1st||guiding bolt, shield of faith|
|2nd||calm emotions, find steed|
|3rd||blink, conjure animals|
|4th||death ward, greater invisibility|
|5th||animate objects, creation|
At level 1, You gain a Transistor. It doesn't deal damage, but you need it to use Functions such as Crash.
- Crash() As an action, you can make a ranged spell attack with a range of 60 feet. It deals 2d6 force damage on a hit, and you do not suffer disadvantage on this roll for attacking a target within 5 feet of you. At 7th level, Crash deals 3d6 damage on a hit. At 17th level, Crash deals 4d6 damage on a hit.
At level 1, When you kill a creature during Combat, you gain hit points equal to 1d6 + your Charisma modifier At level 5, it becomes (2d6), Level 11 (3d6), Level 17 (4d6). Additionally, if you know someone incredibly well you can communicate with them using your transistor provided that they were killed with one of your transistor's functions.
At level 6, You learn one of the following Functions:
- Ping(): As a bonus action, you can use Ping(). Make a ranged spell attack against a creature or object within 120 feet of you. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 force damage.
- Breach(): An an action, you can use Breach(). You create a 120-foot long line that is 5 feet wide. Each creature in the line must make a Dexterity saving throw, taking 4d8 force damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Spark(): An an action, Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 3d8 force damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn’t pushed. In addition, unsecured objects that are completely within the area of effect are automatically pushed 10 feet away from you by the spell’s effect.
- Mask(): An an action, You become invisible at the same time that an illusory double of you appears where you are standing. The double lasts for the duration(10 mins), but the invisibility ends if you attack or cast a spell. You Gain an additional 2d6 force damage on your next attack while the invisibility is up.
At level 10 you may learn two of the following functions:
- Purge(): As an action, you can use Purge(). Make a ranged spell attack against a creature or object within 60 feet of you. On a hit the target takes 1d8 force damage. At the end of each of its turns for 1 minute, it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or take this damage again. The effect ends early the target regains hit points.
- Load(): As an action, you can use Load(). You strike the ground, creating a burst of forceful energy that ripples outward from you. Each creature you choose within 30 feet of you must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or take 5d6 Force damage, as well as 5d6 radiant or necrotic damage (your choice), and be knocked prone. A creature that succeeds on its saving throw takes half as much damage and isn’t knocked prone.
- Help(): As an action, you can use Help(). You call forth a bestial servant. A beast of challenge rating 5 or lower within 5 feet of you, coming from the transistor The Beast disappears when it drops to 0 hit points or an hour has passed. The beast is friendly to you and your companions for the duration. Roll initiative for the beast, which has its own turns. It obeys any verbal commands that you issue to it (no action required by you). If you don't issue any commands to the beast, it defends itself from hostile creatures but otherwise takes no actions.
- Cull(): As an action, you can use Cull(). reverses gravity in a 20-foot-radius, 50-foot high cylinder centered on a point within range. All creatures and objects that aren't somehow anchored to the ground in the area fall upward and reach the top of the area when you cast this spell. A creature can make a Dexterity saving throw to grab onto a fixed object it can reach, thus avoiding the fall. After a minute all things in the cylinder are slammed into the ground for 5d6 bludgeoning damage.
At level 14, All Functions deal 1 additional die of damage. Additionally, your Function's damage ignores resistance and immunity to force damage. (Resistance is ignored, Immunity is treated as Resistance)