Talk:Orc, Variant (4e Racial Trait Variant)
From D&D Wiki
Up For Adoption
Anyone who is interested may feel free to adopt this page, this race was going to be part of the Age of War Players Guide, but now due to some changes in planning and fluff I descided it won't be nescesarry. ShadowyFigure 04:31, 23 May 2009 (MDT)
- I'll adopt it, thanks. Marasmusine 10:27, 1 January 2012 (MST)
Isn't there already an orc?
Is this like a variant or something? Aboleth11 17:50, 24 May 2009 (MDT)
- NO, theirs an npc stat block in the back of the MM. Not a PC race, how about ylou actually contribute to the wiki insteead of question everyones creations. 03:16, 25 May 2009 (MDT)
- Maybe you should focus a little more on your spelling and grammer. Aboleth11 08:50, 25 May 2009 (MDT)
- Look just drop it. Stop questioning the why behind my creations, because quite simply it bugs me, I created orcs as a pc race, because their wasn't one before. And their isn't a official one. ShadowyFigure 10:24, 25 May 2009 (MDT)
- Yes, we need to move this page to a variant name of some sort. 18:48, 26 August 2009 (MDT)
June 3rd Modification
I'm new to this so i hope this is the right spot, and that i didn't royally screw anyone's work.
Anyways I've had some experience with orcs, My Group attacked an orcish tribe and Theirs a Half-Orc in my group.
The Monster Manual has an Orc in its Racial Trait, that says "This information can also be used as guidelines for creating player character (PC) versions of these creatures, within reason." so normally i'd just say take that and run with it, as have the other DMs I've got in my circle of friends and extended friends.
As well since it seems that Drow, Shifters, and even in some way Gnoll were already like 85% pre-created base so their isn't much to do other then chuck some lore on top of it. So i tried my best to make the Orc seem as Orc from D&D not orc from LOTR as was originally placed here... apparently in D&D the Grummsh guy got screwed over in a game to deside who's race went where, and the Orc hate the elven so much because the god that created the original elvish stabbed Grummsh in the eye ><
Please edit this, i'm not 'Adopting' this but i did feel that this wasn't a true reflection of the orcs and as such changed it in a way that would be more in that manner.
Once again sorry for any screw ups.
- The reason they where more like Tolkien orcs is as it was origanly going to be place in a campaign setting I am building with someone, where some of the more traditional fantasy creatures, so Dwarves, Elves, Halflings, Orcs ect are like their Tolkien counter parts. This is due to the fact my partner in the project is Tolkien nut job. ShadowyFigure 00:45, 4 June 2009 (MDT) Oh and the PC blocks in the back of the monster can go both ways, some are overpowered, others are underpowered.