Talk:Eternal Blade of the Revenant (3.5e Optimized Character Build)
From D&D Wiki
Could someone please fix the picture? I'm not sure of the formatting... :-\ --Ghostwheel 07:19, 27 July 2009 (MDT)
- Well, you actually have to Upload a picture to Media Wiki to be able to post it on a page, hope that helps. → Rith (talk) 07:58, 27 July 2009 (MDT)
- Blah... Did so, thanks --Ghostwheel 09:33, 27 July 2009 (MDT)
- Pardon me for asking, but why are both ends of the double weapon treated as two-handed? Typically, the "main" side of the double weapon is one-handed, and the other end is light. The only double scimitar i can fins referenced in 3.5 is: Scimitar, Valenar Double Eberron Campaign setting p.119. It reads exactly the same, if it is used as a double weapon, it is treated as a one-handed weapon, and a light weapon. this means that if you do power attack, you retain all penalties for it, but gain no damage bonus on the light end of the double weapon(Power Attack, PHB p.98). Also, if you read power attack, it specifically spells out what happens if you use a double weapon and power attack. So, in short, could you clarify why this works? --Ganre 07:14, 28 July 2009 (MDT)
- I'm glad you asked ^_^ The main thing I use in this build is the Revenant Blade's "Legendary Force" class ability. It allows one to treat both sides of a double scimitar as a two-handed weapon. Cool, huh? :-D --Ghostwheel 07:20, 28 July 2009 (MDT)
- All I can say is wow, think of what kind of mess you could make with Supreme Power Attack and Leap Attack. Fantastic ability(possibly broken, but wow).--Ganre 07:25, 28 July 2009 (MDT)
- So it's not cheesy to drop your AC by 20, add 80 to damage, take a full attack on a charge, and pop off, what, 560 damage just in power attack, not to mention str, weapon bonuses, ect?(PS if you feel any animosity in this post, it's just because I didn't come up with this first :P)Also, i doubt your going to go be very tactical with this, so why not drop the last level of Warblade for Psionic Warrior2, extra feat, still get the BAB, and some more PP to boot. --Ganre 07:34, 28 July 2009 (MDT)
- Nope ^_^ Since it requires you to A. be able to charge (which is a problem by itself, what with teleporting foes, difficult terrain, having to have a mount, etc) and B. isn't likely to get your whole party killed (which is the real reason the Frenzied Berserker is on the Wall of Cheese--classes that make the game unfun for others are bad IMO. Same reason for Vow of Nonviolence/Peace)
- As for trading in the Warblade level for PsyWar, unfortunately that's a no-can-do, since we're aiming to get Time Stands Still by level 20 :-D --Ghostwheel 07:49, 28 July 2009 (MDT)
1st Warblade 1 +1 +2 +0 +0 Bladebearer of Valenar, Power Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting Bladebearer of Valenar, Power Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting Three feats on 1 lvl. WTF??? Elf/WarBlade = Two feats on 1 lvl!!! Build is bullshit.
You need to learn about flaws, son. The build requires two of them. It's not "bullshit" at all.