Talk:Elf, Wild (4e Racial Trait Variant)
From D&D Wiki
I've basically rewritten the traits:
- Wild Elves should have sorcerer as a preferred class, so I've added Charisma as an ability bonus option.
- Added elven trance
- Added weapon proficiencies: wild elves like weapons craftable from immediate natural resources, so spear and bow are appropriate.
- Eager Warrior has too much crossover with a barbarian trait, one of their preferred classes, so scrapped it.
- Fury of the Wild is too similar to the tiefling trait, so scrapped it.
- Wild Elf Endurance scrapped because, well, they are still elves.
- Added Wild Step. Marasmusine 04:08, 1 February 2012 (MST)
I'll also note that in 4e, the Elf race is supposed to subsume the Wild Elf subrace - Forgotten Realms even provides a racial feat "Wild Elf Luck". I suspect that most of the elven subraces presented here could actually be handled through feats instead. Marasmusine 04:11, 1 February 2012 (MST)