I'm a bit confused, when was this IP released under the OGL? Marasmusine (talk) 01:23, 2 September 2017 (MDT)
- I can't give an exact date, but it's in the SRD (and yes, I checked the original documents as well). I just thought 5e could benefit from a fighter archetype based off the 3.5e eldritch knight prestige class is all. Being based off the 3.5e eldritch knight is why I had to release it under the OGL, you see. :) --GamerAim (talk) 05:46, 2 September 2017 (MDT)
- I got confused because in 5th edition, the eldritch knight is a fighter archetype in the Player's Handbook, but it's not in the 5e SRD. At first I thought you were reproducing the text in the PHB, since it's very similar - spellcasting is the same, Arcane Weapon the same as Weapon Bond, Offhand Spellcasting is the same as War Magic, Arcane Strike is the same as Eldritch Strike. The only difference seems to be that you've given them a feature at 17th level, but no feature at 18th level.
- I don't know if this is knowing variation or if it's happenstance, either way it comes off as being based on the 5th edition PHB rather than the 3rd edition SRD. Marasmusine (talk) 11:00, 2 September 2017 (MDT)
- I think the idea is that this is a 5e adaptation of the prestige class from 3.5, that just so happens to be similar to the 5e archetype. — Geodude671 (talk | contribs | email) . . 11:06, 2 September 2017 (MDT)
- EDIT: Maybe this could use a name change, to make it more different? I was thinking maybe "Arcane Knight" or "Mage Knight." 12:00, 2 September 2017 (MDT)
- But what's the point if it's pretty much the same as the actual 5e eldritch knight? At best, you could summarize what differences there are at 5e Class Feature Variants. Marasmusine (talk) 08:58, 4 September 2017 (MDT)
- The "point" is that the Eldritch Knight is released under the OGL, whereas whatever is in the PHB is not. I'm open to putting a design note stating that this is derived from the 3.5e and 5e SRDs, not the 5e PHB, if it'll avoid these sorts of confusions in the future :) --GamerAim (talk) 09:34, 4 September 2017 (MDT)