Talk:Dragon Tooth Dagger (5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
The title for this page is "D&D Wiki:DragonTooth Dagger" and I'm not sure why the name of the wiki is contained in the title. As a consequence of my inexperience with HTML, I don't now how to fix this, and I'm not going to try because I'd just break it. Somebody more competent should fix that.
Originally this was posted as very rare, with the following benefits:
- +2 to attack and damage rolls
- +2d4 piercing damage
- seemingly +2d4 of one type that varies with the draconic origin
- resistance to the relevant damage type seemingly as long as it's on your person
- no need to be attuned
Since then it's become less rare but nearly as powerful. Compare this with:
- The the rare flame tongue, which on a hit deals ~7 extra damage and that's mostly it, but requires attunement.
- The rare +1 dagger which has a flat +1 to attack and damage rolls, and nothing else.
- The rare armor of resistance which provides resistance to one similar damage type, and needs to be worn to have the benefit. It too requires attunement.
Considering this currently adds +1 to attack rolls, adds an average of 11 extra damage on a hit, provides damage resistance, and doesn't require attunement—that's the effects of three SRD rare magic items and then some—I'm upgrading it to legendary rarity. - Guy (talk) 18:36, 29 April 2017 (UTC)