Talk:Chain Sickle (5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
If this is a weapon for monks:
- let it use the monk's martial art's damage, rather than coming up with s
- drop the finesse. Monks use Dexterity anyway. For other wielders, Strength is important, as the primary attack is a heavy metal ball.
- Now it can be balanced OK for a simple weapon, and you don't have to come up with this awkward rule about dropping other proficiencies.
- Disarming (DMG p. 271) is an optional rule; this and tangling would be under DM adjudication.
Made changes to better relate to my original idea, while also considering the previous tips and advice. - Roman - 4:18 - 08/05/2017
- "kusarigama" is Japanese for "chain sickle", so let's call it a chain sickle to make it culture independent.
- Why does this give a +2 bonus to climbing, when a proper climber's kit doesn't? (...because this is 5e, not 3.5e or 4e: you don't get stacking numeric bonuses to skill checks)
- Why does it have this racial proficiency exception thing? When someone gains a proficiency in a weapon, obviously they've been trained by someone else proficient in that weapon; and this weapon still needs to be usable in campaigns that do not include Kor.
- I set the damage to 1d4 so that this doesn't become a no-brainer for a monk. But I'm beginning to think that any reach weapon should be martial. Marasmusine (talk) 07:39, 8 May 2017 (UTC)
i have made more changes, taking in the advice from Marasmusine. i am determined to have this weapon able to be dual-wielded, that is the only thing i dont wanna change. If we could try work around that, if these changes i have just made arnt suitable, that would be much appreciated. thank you for the help and assistance :) Roman - 10:44am - 09/05/2017
- I have reverted to my last revision.
- I have made it versatile rather than heavy. Firstly, so that monks can use it. Secondly, now you can use it with two-weapon fighting if you take the dual wielder feat.
- Still not finesse, for the reasons I mentioned above. Marasmusine (talk) 04:49, 24 June 2017 (MDT)