Talk:Animal Soul (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
I don't understand how the bonus spells mechanic works, and I think it would save a lot of confusion if the class just used the normal mechanic of increasing caster level. It's a lot easier to explain, for one thing! MorkaisChosen 12:30, 1 September 2007 (MDT)
- Yeah. What level do you apply them to? --Sam Kay 12:51, 1 September 2007 (MDT)
- The bonus spells are taken straight from the Dragon Disciple class. You apply them to whatever level you want (and of course have access to). I actually didn't write that, it was drawn from the Dragon Disciple description. I felt it fitting to keep that both because it is a similar class (a prestige class to turn you into a half-something) and it helped balance power. Gaining one extra spell slot is much weaker than gaining a caster level, where you may gain a whole host of powerful new spells.
- Of course if you folks think that it wouldn't be overpowered with almost full caster progression, I may change it to that instead. (I wouldn't have caster progression on the levels where you gain 0 bonus spells anyway). -- Eiji 17:30, 1 September 2007 (MDT)
- If it's a relatively low-level casting class, you could consider 1/2 caster level progression- that should give bout as much as 2 spells per 3 levels. I have to say I didn't know about the Dragon Disciple thing... MorkaisChosen 06:53, 2 September 2007 (MDT)
I decided to keep the Dragon Disciple's spell progression, as like DD, it is more melee focused with a splash of spells than spell focused. That said I did add that the class adds to caster level at least.
Ready for review. -- Eiji 19:28, 15 September 2007 (MDT)
a cat can grant you spider climb? weird but awesome --Xdeletedx 13:48, 25 February 2008 (MST)
- I was thinking more along the lines of cats crawling on the walls than spiders. The spell effect is what I was going for. -- Eiji 23:57, 25 February 2008 (MST)
Chosen Animal Skills
There looks like theres a problem with the Chosen Animal Skills. You put a few of the Chosen Animal Skills in the Class skills.
Bear and wolf have search as there Chosen Animal Skill but thats also a class skill.
Looking for the original Animal Soul? You need to find it here- 
Anyway, in this one I am experimenting with new animals. Yes, there's the mean lion and awesome wolf, but hell... what if you want a platypus? Yeah, that's what I thought. And so, boom. -- Eiji 23:38, 28 August 2009 (MDT)