Spartan-II (D20 Modern Template)
From D&D Wiki
Creating a Spartan-II
Spartan-II is an acquired template gained during the Spartan Program. In order to be considered for the spartan program, the potential recruit must have at least a 12 in every stat except Charisma. To gain this template, the creature must pass 3 DC 20 fortitude saves. Passing only 1 or less of these saves kills the creature. Passing 2 of these saves deforms the creature (replacing the Strength, Dexterity and Constitution bonuses with -4 penalties). Passing all 3 of these saves makes the creature a spartan.
Appearance: Increase height to 7 ft. (recalculate weight as needed).
Speed: Changed to 40 ft. (+10 ft. if it was higher then 30 ft. originally)
Attacks: Same as character
Special Qualities: A Spartan II retains all the special qualities of the character and gains the additional special qualities listed below.
Low-light Vision (Ex): Spartan II’s have low-light vision.
Carbide Skeleton: Character receives +3 to Fortitude saves vs Massive Damage –1 Dice to falling damage (minimum of zero).
Enlarged Form: The Spartan II counts as being size Large whenever it is advantageous to him (ex. Carrying Capacity, Wielding Large Weapons, etc.) excluding Reach and Space. He still counts as being size Medium for all other purposes (ex. for Hide checks).
Saves: Same as character
Ability Scores: +6 Str, +6 Dex, +6 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, -2 Cha.
Skills: Same as character, +8 Racial bonus on Spot checks.
Bonus Feats: Spartans receive the following feats upon completion of the Spartan project, if a Spartan already possesses a given feat they gain no additional benefits. The Spartan must possess all prerequisites to gain the bonus feat...
-Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency (Medium), Armor Proficiency (Powered), Combat Martial Arts, Cybertaker (x4), Endurance, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Advanced Firearms Proficiency, Burst Fire, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick reload, Run.
Bonus Equipment: A Spartan receives the following cybernetic equipment for free: Anti-Shock Implant, Identity Chip, Stabilizer, Anti-Stun Implant, Body Repair Weave, Data Archive, and Fortified Skeleton.
The above scores represent a condensed version of the template. The flavor text below describes which processes gift the Spartan II’s with their superhuman abilities. Also, even though several of the augmentations below are cybernetics, they are an intrinsic part of the Spartan II and therefore do not count against his maximum number of allotted cyberware augmentations.
1. Carbide ceramic ossification: Advanced material grafting onto skeletal structure to make bones virtually unbreakable. Recommended coverage not to exceed 3 percent total bone mass because of significant white blood cell necrosis. Specific risk for pre- and near-post pubescent adolescents: skeletal growth spurts may cause irreparable bone pulverization.
Benefit: Subject gains the benefit of +3 to Fortitude Saves vs Massive Damage, and –1 to all falling damage die (minimum of zero).
2. Muscular enhancement injections: Protein complex is injected into muscles to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time. Risk: 5 percent of test subjects experience a fatal cardiac volume increase.
Benefit: Subject receives a +6 bonus to Strength and Constitution. It is with conjunction of the catalytic thyroid implant that the subject receives similar benefits to those provided by the Enlarged Form mutation; only that the Spartan II counts as being size Large whenever it is advantageous to him (ex. Carrying Capacity, Wielding Larger Weapons, etc) excluding Reach and Space. He still counts as being size Medium for all other purposes (ex. for Hide checks).
3. Catalytic thyroid implant: platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost growth of skeletal and muscle tissues. Risk: rare instances or elephantiasis. Suppressed sexual drive.
Benefit: Subject grows to a massive 7 feet in height, and his increased muscular strength improves his speed to 40 ft. (+10 ft. if it was higher). Weight is recalculated as needed. This augmentation acts in tandem with the muscular enhancement injections to provide most of the Spartan II template’s benefits.
4. Occipital capillary reversal: submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of subject’s retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase. Risk: retinal rejection and detachment. Permanent blindness.
Benefit: Subject receives low-light vision. and a +8 Racial bonus on Spot checks.
5. Superconducting fabrication of neural dendrites: alteration of bioelectrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Three hundred percent increase in subject’s reflexes. Anecdotal evidence of marked increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity. Risk: significant instances of Parkinson’s disease and Fletcher’s syndrome. In all cases it causes the person some minor social malfunctions or incompatibility.
Benefit: Subject receives +6 Dexterity and +4 Intelligence +4 Wisdom.
Negative: Subject receives -2 Charisma.
Spartans follow typical military organization.
The creature matches the alignment of the military he/she belongs to.
By character class.