Spartain-III (D20 Modern Template)
From D&D Wiki
Creating a Spartan-III
Spartan-III is an acquired template gained during the Spartan Program. In order to be considered for the Spartan-III program, the potential recruit must have at least a 10 in every stat except Charisma. To gain this template, the creature must undergo rigorous training and augmentation procedures. Due to the lesser degree of severity of the changes, and the increase in technology, this is a risk-free process, but is much less effective than the process used on the Spartan-II's.
Appearance: Increase height to 7 ft. (recalculate weight as needed), triple the character’s recalculated weight.
Speed: Unchanged from Base Creature
Attacks: Same as character
Special Qualities: A Spartan III retains all the special qualities of the character and gains the additional special qualities listed below.
Low-light Vision (Ex): Spartan III’s have low-light vision out to 60 ft.
Carbide Skeleton: Character receives +3 Massive Damage Save and –1 die to all falling damage (minimum of zero).
Enlarged Form: The Spartan III counts as being size Large whenever it is advantageous to him (ex. Carrying Capacity, Wielding Large Weapons, etc.) excluding Reach and Space. He still counts as being size Medium for all other purposes (ex. for Hide checks).
Saves: Same as character
Ability Scores: +2 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, -2 Cha.
Skills: Same as character, +8 Racial bonus on Spot checks.
Bonus Feats: Spartans receive the following feats upon completion of the Spartan project, if a Spartan already possesses a given feat they gain no additional benefits. The Spartan must possess all prerequisites to gain the bonus feat...
-Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency (Medium), Armor Proficiency (Powered), Combat Martial Arts, Cybertaker (x4), Endurance, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Advanced Firearms Proficiency, Burst Fire, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick reload, Run.
Bonus Equipment: A Spartan receives the following equipment for free: Anti-Shock Implant, Identity Chip, Stabilizer, Anti-Stun Implant, Body Repair Weave, Data Archive, and Fortified Skeleton.
The above scores represent a condensed version of the template. The flavor text below describes which processes gift the Spartan III’s with their superhuman abilities. Also, even though several of the augmentations below are cybernetics, they are an intrinsic part of the Spartan III and therefore do not count against his maximum number of allotted cyberware augmentations.
1. Carbide ceramic ossification: Advanced material grafting onto skeletal structure to make bones virtually unbreakable. Recommended coverage not to exceed 3 percent total bone mass because of significant white blood cell necrosis. Specific risk for pre- and near-post pubescent adolescents: skeletal growth spurts may cause irreparable bone pulverization.
Benefit: Subject’s weight triples and gains the benefit of +3 MDS, and –1 to all falling damage die (minimum of zero).
2. Muscular enhancement injections: Protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time. Risk: 5 percent of test subjects experience a fatal cardiac volume increase.
Benefit: Subject receives a +2 bonus to Strength and Constitution. It is with conjunction of the catalytic thyroid implant that the subject receives similar benefits to those provided by the Enlarged Form mutation; only that the Spartan III counts as being size Large whenever it is advantageous to him (ex. Carrying Capacity, Wielding Larger Weapons, etc) excluding Reach and Space. He still counts as being size Medium for all other purposes (ex. for Hide checks).
3. Catalytic thyroid implant: platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost growth of skeletal and muscle tissues. Risk: rare instances or elephantiasis. Suppressed sexual drive.
Benefit: Subject grows to a massive 7 feet in height, weight is recalculated as needed. This augmentation acts in tandem with the muscular enhancement injections to provide most of the Spartan III template’s benefits.
4. Occipital capillary reversal: submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of subject’s retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase. Risk: retinal rejection and detachment. Permanent blindness.
Benefit: Subject receives low-light vision 60 ft. and a +8 Racial bonus on Spot checks.
5. Superconducting fabrication of neural dendrites: alteration of bioelectrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Three hundred percent increase in subject’s reflexes. Anecdotal evidence of marked increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity. Risk: significant instances of Parkinson’s disease and Fletcher’s syndrome. In all cases it causes the person some minor social malfunctions or incompatibility.
Benefit: Subject receives +4 Dexterity and +2 Intelligence +2 Wisdom.
Negative: Subject receives -2 Charisma.
Spartans follow typical military organization.
The creature matches the alignment of the military he/she belongs to.
By character class.