Shihanai (4e Paragon Path)
From D&D Wiki
Shihanai, Favored of the Mother
|“||To exalt compassion is more a strength than a weakness; those who lend aid find it lent unto them, and the truly grateful bring returns many fold.||”|
Prerequisite: You must be an Agent of Shi ha'Shan (Five Towers Supplement)
Whereas Ashid exalts justice and retribution, fire and strength, Shi ha'Shan is much the opposite; her agents exemplify the greatest benevolence and patience, tranquility and inner balance. Just as one cannot sway the sun, one cannot push the moon, and Shi ha'Shan indeed has composure beyond measure. Her words always soothing, encouraging, she inspires those whom seek her out to bestow her gifts upon the willing and enlighten those who are not, desiring to express what it is she simply wishes for them. But Shi ha'Shan is not passive, for she actively maintains a select order to ensure some semblance of her will is visible in the eyes of the mortal world in the form of her Shihanai, or those who are the "Favored of the Mother". While not grand in numbers, her agents are notably skillful and tactful.
You as an agent of Shi ha'Shan are the hand that stays harm, the presence of reason, and the heart of compassion.
Shihanai Path Features
- Moon's Glow (11th Level):
- You utter words of arcane healing; if you restore vitality to an ally they are bathing in a cool, pale silver glow which washes over your fellow companions. This effect causes you to heal all allied creatures within burst 3 of the target which you expended a power to heal; the healing provided by Moon's Glow is equal to your Charisma, Wisdom or Intelligence modifier. If you can not heal; twice per encounter, an ally within burst 3 of you uses a healing surge, they are healed an additional amount equal to you Charisma, Wisdom or Intelligence modifier, and one ally within burst 3 of the target ally to heal, equal to your Charsima, Wisdom or Intelligence modifier.
- Tranquil Touch (11th Level):
- When you expend an action point you may force an enemy of your choosing to remain still by merely lifting a finger in their direction and nodding, the effected creature is immediately stunned (saving throw ends) with a -3 penalty to its next saving throw, causing it to grant combat advantage to its enemies and denying it any action, as it temporarily loses the will to fight and instead finds itself at peace. If the creature is attacked before the start of your next turn, it may end this effect immediately.
- Aura of the Mother's Favor (16th Level):
- Every allied creature under the watchful eye of a Shihanai finds themselves under the protective nature of Shi ha'Shan herself. Whenever an allied creature within burst 3 of you, or yourself, is reduced to 0 or less hit points it immediately regains hit points equal to the amount required to put it at 1 hit point following the attack in order to prevent its death. This effect may trigger only once for each creature per day.