From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
|Orc 1st-Level Warrior|
|Size/Type:||Medium Humanoid (Orc)|
|Hit Dice:||1d8+1 (5 hp)|
|Speed:||30 ft. (6 squares)|
|Armor Class:||13 (+3 studded leather armor), touch 10, flat-footed 13|
|Attack:||Falchion +4 melee (2d4+4/18–20) or javelin +1 ranged (1d6+3)|
|Full Attack:||Falchion +4 melee (2d4+4/18–20) or javelin +1 ranged (1d6+3)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Qualities:||Darkvision 60 ft., light sensitivity|
|Saves:||Fort +3, Ref +0, Will –2|
|Abilities:||Str 17, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 7, Cha 6|
|Skills:||Listen +1, Spot +1|
|Organization:||Gang (2–4), squad (11–20 plus 2 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd–6th level), or band (30–100 plus 150% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 10 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, and 3 7th-level captains)|
|Alignment:||Often chaotic evil|
|Advancement:||By character class|
An orc’s hair usually is black. It has lupine ears and reddish eyes. Orcs prefer wearing vivid colors that many humans would consider unpleasant, such as blood red, mustard yellow, yellow-green, and deep purple. Their equipment is dirty and unkempt. An adult male orc is a little over 6 feet tall and weighs about 210 pounds.
Females are slightly smaller.
Most orcs encountered away from their homes are warriors; the information in the statistics block is for one of 1st level.
Orcs are proficient with all simple weapons, preferring those that cause the most damage in the least time. Many orcs who take up the warrior or fighter class also gain proficiency with the falchion or the greataxe as a martial weapon. They enjoy attacking from concealment and setting ambushes, and they obey the rules of war (such as honoring a truce) only as long as it is convenient for them.
ORCS AS CHARACTERS
Orc Traits (Ex): Orcs possess the following racial traits.
- +4 Strength, –2 Intelligence, –2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma.
- An orc’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Light Sensitivity: Orcs are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Orc. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
These orc–human crossbreeds can be found in either orc or human society (where their status varies according to local sentiments), or in communities of their own. Half-orcs usually inherit a good blend of the physical characteristics of their parents. They are as tall as humans and a little heavier, thanks to their muscle. They have greenish pigmentation, sloping foreheads, jutting jaws, prominent teeth, and coarse body hair. Half-orcs who have lived among or near orcs have scars, in keeping with orcish tradition.
Half-Orc Traits (Ex): Half-orcs possess the following racial traits.
- +2 Strength, –2 Intelligence, –2 Charisma.
- Medium size.
- A half-orc’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Half-orcs can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Orc Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-orc is considered an orc.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Orc. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, Abyssal.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
SEE WIKIPEDIA ENTRY: Orc