|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.
Also see the elf creature listing.
Also called sea elves, these creatures are waterbreathing cousins to land-dwelling elves.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Intelligence.
- Humanoid (Aquatic, Elf): An aquatic elf has the aquatic subtype.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, aquatic elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Aquatic elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- An aquatic elf has a swim speed of 40 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Gills: Aquatic elves can survive out of the water for 1 hour per point of Constitution (after that, refer to the suffocation rules).
- Superior Low-Light Vision: Aquatic elves can see four times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of low illumination.
- Weapon Proficiency: Aquatic elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An aquatic elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass aquatic elf’s fighter class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0
Table: Aquatic Elf Random Starting Ages
Table: Aquatic Elf Aging Effects
Table: Aquatic Elf Random Height and Weight
||× (1d6) lb.
||× (1d6) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Open Game Content → System Reference Document → Races