Protoss (D20 Modern Race)
From D&D Wiki
"As they say, the enemy of my enemy......is tall, dark and ugly?" - Jack Frost and Charlie Vane after seeing a protoss for the first time.
The protoss are a sapient humanoid race native to Aiur. Their advanced technology complements and enhances their psionic mastery. The protoss are considered a "warrior race", although they were not constantly at war, they trained incessantly for combat.
Protoss are about two meters (seven feet) to three meters tall and have two glowing eyes, digitigrade legs, semi-permeable skin covered in scales, four digits on their hands (of which two are thumbs) and toes, broad chests and shoulders, and narrow waists with slim midsections. Extending back from the crown of the head, protoss have a bony crest. Beneath it, emerging from the back of the head, are the nerve cords, allowing them to access their racial psionic gestalt. The Protoss do not possess any visible ears (but they can hear, as when Terrans speak to them or hear what they are thinking), mouths or noses, but are able to communicate telepathically and possess strong olfactory sensitivities. Protoss do not need to eat or drink, but are shown to instead absorb energy from a form of photosynthesis. The average life expectancy for a Protoss is about one thousand years. Little is known of the internal anatomy of the Protoss.
The Protoss are generally respectful to other races such as humans and native aliens, however when they consider their own grounds very sacred, and when threatened they will be unmerciful unless it was not a was decision.
Protoss are often Lawful, Good, Neutral, and occasionally Evil. They are almost never chaotic, and are commonly neutral.
The protoss are incredibly adaptable to harsh natural conditions and climates. Protoss derive sustenance from light, capable of living off of moonlight (reflected sunlight), and can go without light for extended periods of time. What little water they need is absorbed through the skin.
Protoss can be fanatical when it comes to their religious beliefs.
- Dae'Uhl ("Great Stewardship")
- Khala ("Path of Ascension")
The Protoss speak Khalani, and common. They may know up to 4 additional languages due to their unbeatable intelligence.
Possible names include Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Raszagal, Adun, Rihod, Lekila, Fenix, Juras, Martul, Ulrezaj, Zamara, Ladranix, Slendis, Khas, Aldaris, Mojo, Zyrkhan, Aedus, Xerxes, Demioch, Syndrea, Danimoth, Kizroth, Eredas, and Edullon
+2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, −5 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom. The protoss strength and speed were unparalleled amongst the other races known to the xel’naga. Protoss have been also been described as "devastatingly intelligent." On the battlefield protoss warriors are known to fight with tremendous power and grace, but despite the chaos they inflict on their enemies they are capable of being mortally wounded.
- Humanoid (Psionic)
- Medium Sized Creature
- Protoss base land speed is 40 Ft Running.:
- Telepathy (Ex) 60 Ft.
- Inertial Energy Shielding (Ex): Protoss can naturally use their Psionic focus to grant them an AC bonus in a similar manner to the Psionic Ability Inertial Armor. At 1st HD, a Protoss is permanently granted Inertial Armor with an AC bonus of +4. This bonus increases by +2 for every 2 Hit Die the Protoss has. Only a small minority of Protoss can actually manifest complete shields without technological assistance. When a Protoss gains 20 HD or more, they gain a second HP score which counts as their "Complete Energy Shield". This shield gains health by d12s + the Protoss' intelligence modifier. When this shield is reduced to 0 it dissipates, and returns to full in 2d4+2 hours, then it reactivates at full again for use. The AC for the shield is the total of inertial armor gained + the Protoss' intelligence modifier.
- Natural Psionics (Ex): Protoss receives an additional 3 power points when taking levels in a psionic class, as well as a bonus psionic, metapsionic or psionic item creation feat every 5 levels while in a psionic class.
- Psi-Like Ability: 1/HD Times Per Day— Subject Link, Empty Mind, Sense Link, Vigor, My Light, Bestow Powers, Tongues (Psionic), and Synesthete (At Will) Manifester level is 1/HD. The save DC is intelligence based.
- Native Language: Khalani (Mental and Written)
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|300 years||600 years||900 years||1100+ years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2d4+1' 1d10"||+Int. Modifier||2d100 lb.||× Dex. Modifer lb.|
|Female||2d4+1' 1d10"||+Int Modifier||1d100 lb.||× Dex. Modifier lb.|