MSRD:Speak Language (Skill)
From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
Speak Language (None; Trained Only)
The Speak Language skill doesn’t work like a standard skill.
- A character automatically knows how to speak his or her native language; the character does not need ranks to do so.
- Each additional language costs 1 rank. When a character adds a rank to Speak Language, he or she chooses a new language that he or she can speak.
- A character never makes Speak Language checks. A character either knows how to speak and understand a specific language or doesn’t.
- To be able to read and write a language that the character can speak, he or she must take the Read/Write Language skill for the appropriate language.
- A character can choose any language, modern or ancient. (See the table accompanying Read/Write Language for suggestions.) The GM might determine that a character can’t learn a specific language due to the circumstances of the campaign.
This page is protected from editing because it is an integral part of D&D Wiki. Please discuss possible problems on the talk page.