Path of the Psycho (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Path of the Psycho
- Psychotic Nature
Events in your past, recent events or even just your nature drive you into a kind of madness that transforms you into a psychotic killer, targeting mainly those deserving the punishment.
- Makeshift Weapon
Due to your madness, self constructed, less quality weapons work as good as normal weapons for you. Beginning at 3rd level, you can effectively use self constructed weapons made out of scrap. Crafting such a weapon takes 2 hours and you need some suitable scrap. This can be done while resting. See the “Makeshift Weapons” table below for weapons you can construct. Weapons crafted by this way have no sales value and you are proficient with them. Even though your self constructed weapons are frightening and effective, they are also fragile. Rolling a natural 1 when attacking with a makeshift weapon breaks it, rendering it unusable until you repair it, which will take 1 hour and up to the DM some suitable scrap.
|Buzz Axe||1d10 slashing||4 lb.||Versatile (1d12), Heavy, thrown (range 20/60)|
|Saw Axe||1d8 slashing||3 lb.||Light, thrown (range 20/60)|
- I’m losing blood… gimme yours!
Starting at 3rd level, while raging, the first time you hit someone in your turn, heal for the damage you dealt (including all additional damage through this subclass) + your barbarian level all divided by 3 (rounded down).
Also, if you've been attacked since the end of your last turn, add your rage damage to your attack roles until you hit someone per turn. You can only do this every other round
- If you are a level 3 barbarian with +3 STR, +2 rage damage, a greataxe (1d12) and you throw a 6 with your damage die, you would heal for (3 [level] + 3 [STR] + 2 [rage] + 6 [greataxe]) / 3 = 3.
- If you are a level 6 barbarian with +4 STR, +2 rage damage, a greataxe (1d12), you throw a 6 with your damage die, you increase the damage of your attack with “Pain is LIFE!!” by 1d4 and throw a 2, you would heal for (6 [level] + 4 [STR] + 2 [rage] + 6 [greataxe] + 2 [Pain is LIFE!!]) / 3 = 5.
- If you are a level 10 barbarian with +5 STR, +3 rage damage, a greataxe (1d12), you throw a 6 with your damage die, you increase the damage of your attack with “Pain is LIFE!!” by 2d4 and throw two 2s, you would heal for (10 [level] + 5 [STR] + 3 [rage] + 6 [greataxe] + 4 [Pain is LIFE!!]) / 3 = 9.
- I’LL SLICE OFF YOUR EYELIDS SO YOU CAN WATCH THE END!!
- Pain is LIFE!!
You learn how to use your pain to your own advantage. Starting at 6th level, the percentage of hp you have left determines what effects may apply.
- ≤ 80%: When you make an attack, you can increase its damage by 1d4 extra damage, but you also take that damage (ignoring your immunities and resistances).
- ≤ 60%: Attacks made with a buzz axe or a saw axe count as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.
- ≤ 40%: Your Strength Modifier increases by 1.
- ≤ 20%: When you take the attack action on your turn, you can use your bonus action to make a single melee weapon attack. Once you used this, you can't use it in your following turn.
What defines a psychopath more than EXPLOSIONS and what works better for that than your weapons?
Starting at 10th level, while raging, throwing a Buzz Axe or a Saw Axe leaves an explosion behind. only on Hit, throw damage for your ranged weapon attack. Every creature in the range of 5 ft around the location where the weapon landed must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or take half the damage (rounded down) of the ranged weapon attack as force damage. The DC for the Dexterity saving throw equals 8 + your proficiency modifier + your strength modifier. You can use this feature only once per turn.
- GOTTA THINK BIG… BIIIIIG!
Starting at 14th level, if you are below ¼ (rounded up) of your maximum hp and activate rage, you regain ¼ (rounded down) of your maximum hp and mutate, gaining the following features until the rage ends:
- Your body proportion drastically changes making one arm slightly oversized where as the other shrinks dramatically making it useless. You can use weapons with the two handed property with just the oversized arm.
- Your size increases by a factor of 1,5 in all dimensions. You count as one size larger (e.g. Small -> Medium, Medium -> Large) in terms of space, carry weight, as well as grappling and shoving a creature.
- Whenever you take the Attack action on your turn, you can make an additional melee weapon attack after your other attacks and you deal maximum damage with that weapon. however, you also take a extra 1d8 damage every time you land a hit or get hit
- If you kill a hostile creature, you can use your bonus action to move up to half your movement speed (rounded down) to another hostile creature.
- When rage stops due to its duration, you regain one of its uses.
In addition, you can't end rage early anymore by using a bonus action.