Oath of the Old Ones (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Oath of the Old Ones
It requires a special kind of being to discard the most common paths of righteousness and turn instead to ancient beings with a different sense of virtue. The Great Ones that inhabit the planes of existence are sympathetic in spirit and often answer when called upon.
Tenets of the Old Ones
Continuity. Outlast your enemies and allies. Endure beyond the moment the world dies. Ageless. Undying. Immortal.
Compassion. People live fleeting lives. Take it upon yourself to help them see beyond it -any way possible.
Contemplation. Gifted with Knowledge beyond your years. Do not rush forward with the others, instead walk with your stride surely and steadily.
Calm. Do not fear Death, instead, fear the life unlived. Achieve your desires.
Oath of the Old Ones' Spells
|3rd||bane, hideous laughter|
|5th||detect thoughts, darkness|
|13th||phantasmal killer, black tentacles|
|17th||modify memory, telekinesis|
When you take this Oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.
Power of the Old Ones
As an action, you can imbue one weapon that you are holding with magical energy, using your Channel Divinity. For 1 minute your attacks now deal an extra 1d6 psychic damage. This increases by 1d6 at 14th level.
Punishment of the Old Ones
Choose a target within sight, as an action you may attempt to temporarily cripple them. The enemy must make a Wisdom saving throw of 8 + Wisdom modifier + proficiency bonus to not be affected. On a failed save, the target will have disadvantage on all attack rolls until the end of their next turn.
Change of the Old Ones
When you use your divine smite, you can choose to have it deal psychic damage instead.
At 7th level, when you or a friendly creature within 10ft of you would make a saving throw against the effect of the spell, it can choose to automatically succeed on the saving throw. A creature cannot benefit from this feature again until it finishes a long rest. At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.
Peel the skin, discard the flesh, tear the organs, and crush the bone. Only then, may the spirit rise to the fore. At 15th level, choose 1 of the 6 following mutations.
- Unnatural Strength. Your muscles and bones grow uncontrollably inside your skin. Your damage rolls belonging to melee weapons deal 1 additional damage. You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
- Alien Dexterity. Bent geometries reign unchecked inside you limbs, gifting you with uncanny speed and reflexes. You gain proficiency on Dexterity saving throws. If you are already proficient on Dexterity saving throws, double your proficiency bonus.
- Warped Constitution. They have granted you their powers, now they give you their flesh; you feel more at home with your new kin. Increase your AC by 2. All sources of magical healing on you cast by others except those of the aberration type are half as effective rounded up.
- Strange Intelligence. Your brain forms bizarre growths and you feel knowledge not meant for lesser beings trickle into you. You have advantage on all Intelligence checks related to magic and have advantage on effects that attempt to make you charmed.
- Eerie Wisdom. Eyes line the insides of your insides looking inside to the outside seeing clearly; you grow a vertical eye, while each of your eyes forms 3 pupils. You gain proficiency in the Perception skill, if you already have proficiency in it, you can double your proficiency bonus. You can now also see through magical darkness.
- Unearthly Charisma. While some gift their physical form to their servants, some Old Ones go beyond and gift part of their presence -a shard of their divinity. When you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, it has disadvantage on attack rolls against attacking any other creature besides you until the start of your next turn.
Take your place amongst the Starborn, but it does not come without cost. At 20th level, as an action, you may transform or untransform into an aberration and gain the following effects:
- You gain an additional 60 feet of darkvision.
- You become resistant to a damage type you are not already resistant to. This resets every time you become an abomination.
- You become proficient in unarmed attacks, and your unarmed attacks deal 1d10 bludgeoning damage and have the ranged property of 10ft.
- You heal an additional 1 hp when rolling a hit die or when you receive healing of the aberration type.
- If you ever lose an extremity or organ, they are reformed in 1 hour. You will not die from having your head chopped off, but are considered to be paralyzed until you grow a new one in 24 hours.