Nature's Rage (5e Curse)
From D&D Wiki
The first Wild Hunt Arena curse was created when a group of hunters trespassed in a sacred grove. To drive them out, the powerful forest spirit who dwelled there imbued their female slaves with the power of the forest and made her the Actaeon, nature's champion. But the spirit did not foresee the ensuing bloodshed. The Actaeon was bitter from her years of enslavement and showed the hunters no mercy. Their blood tainted her and the entire grove. The forest spirit had no choice but to sacrifice her grove to trap the Actaeon in it forever. The Actaeon turned the spirits of the hunters into black wolves so that they may be her eyes and ears outside the grove.
When a female humanoid enters the grove, they must make a DC 14 Wisdom saving throw. If it is a success, nothing happens and the next female humanoid who enters the grove must make the saving throw. On the failure, they will experience extreme pain as their body begins to transform. Their nails will grow into claws, a long tail covered in green scales will grow from their lover back, their teeth with sharpen to a point and two antlers will grow from their forehead. They have turned into the new Actaeon and falls under the DM's control. The Actaeon will then disappear in a strong gust of wind. The will only be one Actaeon at a time.
When another humanoid enters the grove, the Actaeon will re-appear. They will then ask the humanoid to engage it in single combat. If the humanoid does not have a weapon, a weapon of the humanoid's choice will be provided, grown out of the ground by the Actaeon. If the humanoid drops to 0 HP, instead of falling unconsciousness, they will transform into a black wolf under the entities control. This transformation will also occur if the humanoid leaves the grove during combat. If a humanoid not engaged in combat tries to attack the entity or interfere in another humanoids battle, they will also be transformed int black wolves. If the Actaeon perishes, their body will break apart and disintegrate, leaving nothing behind. All wolves created by the entity will also disappear except for the alpha wold (Dire Wolf), who has protected the grove since the curses inception. The curse will then come back into effect in 24 hours.
A humanoid may be freed by the curses influence with the use of a talisman created by a powerful forest spirit created for that exact purpose. This talisman may be a weapon or some other magical object that will assist in defeating the Actaeon. When used to drop the entity to 0 HP, the female humanoid will return to normal. All wolves created by the entity will also disappear except for the alpha wold (Dire Wolf), who has protected the grove since the curses inception. The curse will then come back into effect in 24 hours. The curse may also be lifted with a wish spell.
The Actaeon gains the following benefits.
- +2 to Strength
- +4 to Dexterity
- +3 to Constitution
- +4 to Charisma
- Darkvision 60ft
- Condition Immunities. Charmed, Frightened, Poisoned
- Language. Sylvan
- Innate Spellcasting. The Actaeon's innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 10 + Charisma Bonus). The Actaeon can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
-At will: druidcraft, shillelagh
-3/day each: entangle, goodberry, longstrider, resistance
-1/day each: barkskin, enhance ability, pass without trace
- Magic Resistance. The Actaeon has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Speak with Wolves. The Actaeon can communicate with beasts and plants as if they shared a language.
- Tree Stride. Once on her turn, the Actaeon can use 10 ft. of her movement to step magically into one living tree within her reach and emerge from a second living tree within 60 ft. of the first tree, appearing in an unoccupied space within 5 ft. of the second tree. Both trees must be large or bigger.
- Unarmored Defense. While the Actaeon is not wearing any armor, their Armor Class equals 10 + their Dexterity modifier + their Constitution modifier.
- Reckless. At the start of its turn, the Actaeon can gain advantage on all melee weapon attack rolls during that turn, but attack rolls against it have advantage until the start of its next turn.
- Multiattack. The Actaeon makes three attacks: two with its claws and one gore attack
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: + (Actaeon's Strength or Dexterity modifier plus their proficiency) to hit, reach 5ft, one target, Hit: (2d4 + Actaeon's Strength or Dexterity modifier) slashing damage plus (2d4) poison damage.
- Gore. Melee Weapon Attack: + (Actaeon's Strength or Dexterity modifier plus their proficiency) to hit, reach 5ft, one target, Hit: (1d10 + Actaeon's Strength or Dexterity modifier) piercing damage. The target must make a DC 11 Strength saving throw or be disarmed by the Actaeon. Once disarmed, the weapon will fly 10ft in a random direction. On a roll of 5 or lower, the weapon will fly 15ft in a direction of the Actaeon's choosing.