Miners Plague (5e Disease)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Miners' Plague
- 2 What is the Miners' Plague?
What is the Miners' Plague?
Miners' Plague is a disease that comes from mushrooms from the Underdark or similar locations. The Miners' Plague slowly infects the host until it forms sacks of pollen on it, then taking over its mind it makes the target explode in a populated area killing the host and spreading the Plague.
How long does the Miners' Plague last?
The Miners' Plague can last on a host for about three to four months, The Miners' Plague cannot reduce a creature's hit point maximum to below 1.
How To beat the Miners' Plague?
On the end of the first month you can make a DC 16 Constitution save to try to get rid of the Miners' Plague, another at the second month DC 18 Constitution save, and once more on the third month DC 20 Constitution save.
Who is resistant or immune to the Miners' Plague?
If a race is Resistant it means the creature makes all saves against the Miners' Plague with advantage.
Effects of the Miners' Plague
Effects of the Miners' Plague first month
- When a host first comes into contact with the Miners' Plague, the host must make a DC 14 Constitution saving throw or be infected.
- When the host becomes infected the host will loose 2d4 health from their max health this cannot be restored until the get rid of the Miners' Plague.
- Within three days of infection the host will become more aggressive and slower. -5 feet from the movement speed.
- Within the first week the host will start to feel something eat at its mind. Disadvantage on Intelligence and Wisdom skill checks.
- After two weeks the host starts to have more difficulty walking as pollen sacks start to form on it. -10 feet from the movement speed.
- on the third week the host loses 3d6 health from their max health in addition to their already shrunk max health. this cannot be restored until the host gets rid of the Miners' Plague.
- Within the beginning of the second month the host will start to feel something start taking over its mind. Disadvantage on Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma skill checks and saving throws.
- Near the end of the first week of the second month the host gains the indefinite madness flaw:"There's only one person I can trust. And only I can see this special friend." this special friend is a man in a black suit with a green face and no eyes. This lasts until the Miners' Plague is cured.
- Near the second week of the second month the spores growing on the host have grown to a very large size. You have vulnerability to Fire damage.
- On the third week the host's physiology starts to change.You have disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.
- Near the end of the third week the host will lose a lot of their memory and skills. They can only speak common and they start to lose memory of their past plus they gain a -2 to all their base stats.
- on the first week of the third month the spores gain sentience and start talking to the host, making plans to spread its self.
- on the second week the spores ready the host to spread itself. the host looses 3d8 health from their max health in addition to their already shrunk max health, this cannot be restored until the host gets rid of the Miners' Plague.
- Within the beginning of the third week the host will start to feel the spores eat at its mind and body. they gain disadvantage on all skill checks and saving throws.(Except the saving throw to defeat the Miners' Plague)
- Within the ending of the third week the host will gain a -4 to all their base stats.
- After three months the host must pass a DC 20 Constitution save every five hours, or have the Miners' Plague take full control of the body for five hours. Within these five hours the Plague will try to move to the middle of the most populated area around then explode in a 200ft circle spreading the Miners' Plague and instantly killing the host. If it fails to do this with in five hours the host can make another save against the Miners' Plague, each time this happens the DC goes up by one.
- D&D 5e EEPC pp.10-11
- D&D 5e EEPC pp.5-7
- D&D 5e PHB pp.24