Mandalorian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A Mandalorian typically spends the day working, training, or itching for a fight. They are a gruff, proud lot, easily taking offence to insults, and just as quickly taking offence to pity and ignorance. But do not mistake their aggression for stupidity, or ignorance. They work hard to study weaponry, arms, and armor. Martial Arts are every bit as freely studied. A Mandalorian takes an opportunist's approach to any battle, from a bar brawl to a field of warfare.
Varies. Mandalorians are, technically, a culture, not a race. However, with the way one is raised, Human, Zabrak, Elf, Orc, and all other races, are considered "A Breed Apart" from Mandalorians.
With their aggressive nature, Mandalorians have few allies. However, Mandalorians do not view any race or faction as "Enemies". They often, infact, strongly admire those who best them in combat. Be it in single combat, or upon the battlefield.
CHAOTIC NEUTRAL, each Mandalorian takes a different approach to the glory of combat. Some prefer ceremonial duels, neat tactics, and calm displays. Others prefer massive hordes, great brawls, and chaotic struggles. All admire a proper bloodbath.
Mandalorian clans are based, with each clan taking a different favored landscape, based around where they have grown used to. Some clans are more at home in open planes, whilst others are at home patrolling skyways. Yet the main encampments of the Mando' peoples are based within forests, and jungles.
Mandalorians bear little in the way of superstition or myth. They take a secular and pragmatic approach to myths and tales, taking them as philosophic parables, to gain insight regarding other cultures, and their own ancient past. The concept of a literal afterlife having long since waned, in favor of a belief in the manda. The manda was described as an oversoul, a collective consciousness, and the very essence of being Mandalorian. To join with the manda after death, a Mandalorian was required to be knowledgeable of their culture, and practice its tenets in their daily lives. For a Mandalorian to be ignorant of their heritage was to be dar'manda—without a soul—and to be without a place in the collective afterlife. The concept of being dar'manda was feared in the Mandalorian culture, and was considered a terrible fate.
Male Names: Boba, Canderous, Jango, Jaster, Tor, Pre, Montross, Fenn, Tobbi, Feskit, Alfredda
Female Names: Mira, Ailyn, Tes, Mirta, Satine, Pre, Fenn
- +6 Con, +4 Str, +4 Wis, +2 Dex, -2 Int, -2 Cha: The Mandalorian culture breeds Hardy, if rude people. Clever combatants and skilled survivalist. (These bonuses are on top of those of the base race)
- Humanoid (Varies): As Mando'a Culture accepts almost any races. However, its teachings are incredibly hard to teach to a non-humanoid, due to the emphasis on martial style and form
- Medium: No bonuses or Penalties are gained for size.
- Mandalorian base land speed is 30 feet
- Weapon Familiarity (Ex): All weapons containing "Mandalorian" in their name qualify as Simple Weapons to a Mandalorian Character.
- Beskar'Gam (Ex): A Mandalorian's life, culture, and identity is often tied to their iconic armor. Mandalorians suffer no Armor Check Penalty, when wearing Mandalorian Armor or Suits, in addition to gaining a +2 to Maximum Dex Bonus in Mandalorian Armor. All Mandalorians gain Heavy Armor Proficiency and Medium Armor Proficiency, regardless of Class.
- Resol'Nare (Ex): By observing the six tenants of Mandalorian Culture, the Mandalorian stays within a true Mandalorian Mindset. All Mandalorians are immune to Charm and Compulsion effects, and gain a +5 vs Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Bluff Checks.
- Clan Allegiance (Ex): All Mandalorians must select a clan, and gain bonuses based upon what clan they identify With:
- Level Adjustment: +2
Vhett aliit - Clan Fett
- -Alignment Restriction: Must be Lawful
- -Change Favoured Class: Rogue/Ranger
- -Gain a +5 to all Disable Device, Craft (Trap), Craft (Explosive), and Flight Checks
- -Gain either Weapon Focus: Rifle, or Two-Weapon Fighting as a bonus feat.
- -Stat Modifications: +2 Dex, +4 Int, -2 Str
- -Beroya (Ex): Those of the Fett Clan bear a strong penchant towards hunting. As a free action, a member of the Fett Clan may select one individual as a mark. Until either one month has expired, or that target has been submitted to whatever the Mandalorian decrees they deserve (Death, Failure, Bondage, Slavery), the Fett Clan member gains a +3 to all To Hit rolls against that target.
Ordo aliit - Clan Ordo
- -Gain a +5 to all Heal, Craft (Arms & Armor), Craft (Explosive), and Survival Checks
- -Gain Weapon Focus: Heavy Firearm and Weapon Specialization: Heavy Firearm as bonus feats
- -Stat Modifications: +4 Str, +4 Con, -2 Int
- -Gett'se(Ex): All Members of Clan Ordo are courageous warriors, possessing an incredible stress threshold. Clan Ordo members are immune to Fear, Horror, and Stun effects.
Bara'or aliit - Clan Bralor
- -Gain a +10 to all Heal, and Knowledge(History) Checks
- -Gain Weapon Focus: Natural Weapons, Improved Unarmed Strike, and Critical Focus: Natural Weapons as bonus feats
- -Stat Modifications: +2 Con, +2 Str, +2 Int
- -Bral Kar'tyle(Ex): As protectors and caretakers, the Bralor gain a +4 to hit against any opponent to strike an ally within 30 ft, for 2 rounds. A member of Clan Bralor may choose to add their CMD to an adjacent ally's Dodge Roll, taking half the damage the target would have (rounding to the nearest whole number).
Beviin aliit - Clan Beviin
- -Gain a +5 to all Diplomacy, Craft (Arms & Armor), Sense Motive, and Heal checks
- -Gain Craft Arms & Armor as a bonus feat
- -Stat Modifications: +6 Int, +4 Cha, -2 Con
- -Dral'Goran(Ex): All members of Clan Beviin may add their class levels to any checks to Craft Arms & Armor, as well adding a +2 to the effective armor bonus of any armor.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Mando'A Bonus Languages:Any non-secret language.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +3
|13-19 years||+ 2-5||+ 5-12||+ 10-21|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 1"||+1-15"||150 lb.||× (10-80) lb.|
|Female||4' 11"||+2-14"||130 lb.||× (10-80) lb.|