Kathari (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Kathari tend to act in an erratic manner, delighting themselves in destroying just about anything. They especially love fire and explosions, and are almost always drawn to them if they are within earshot.
Kathari usually grow to be about 6' tall and weigh approximately 200 pounds. Their wingspan is approximately 10 feet. Their hide tends to be an orange or red tint, although they can be any color, depending on the geographical background of the individual kathari. Their wings always match the color of their hide. Their eyes are always blood-red.
Kathari do not tend to get along very well with other races, with the exception of goblins. They will work with other races if it means that they will have the opportunity to destroy stuff and kill things. Kathari especially detest dwarfs, who are always building and constructing. Kathari will almost always attack a dwarf on sight, unless that dwarf has proven to have a taste for chaos, as well.
Kathari are always chaotic. Most tend to be chaotic neutral or chaotic evil. Any chaotic good kathari use their destructive tendencies to protect people and lands they like.
Kathari tend to live in mountainous areas, as they are able to fly around and practice their destructive tendencies at will. They will fly into the mainland when an opportunity presents itself to destroy stuff.
Kathari almost never actively practice religion. Rarely, when a kathari becomes a cleric or other divine caster, they tend to worship either Erythnul (if they are neutral or evil) or Pelor (if they are good).
Kathari always speak Goblin and tend to learn Common, so that they can determine from other races where it would be best to attack. Kathari can also learn Draconic and Undercommon fairly easily.
In their own dialect, Kathari don't usually have proper names for each other. However, in Common as well as other languages, they tend to refer to themselves by their greatest destructive achievement (i.e. Destroyer of South Northbridge, Flame of North Southbridge, Demise of West Eastbridge).
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution: Due to their wings and build, kathari are quite agile, but lack the physical stature of many other races.
- Humanoid (Goblinoid): Although more akin to dragons in appearance than goblins, kathari have a great affinity for goblins and usually have positive interactions with them.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, kathari receive no special size bonuses.
- Kathari base land speed is 30 feet: Kathari also have a fly speed of 40 feet with good maneuverability.
- Hand of Flame: Any spells or spell-like abilities with the fire descriptor are cast at +2 caster level.
- Flaming Death Throes (Su): When a kathari is reduced to -10 hit points, it explodes violently in a last-ditch effort to kill everything around it. This explosion has a radius of 30 feet, centered around the kathari, and deals 1d6 fire damage per caster level plus an additional 1d6 fire damage per two HD of the kathari.
- Spell-Like Ability: At will; Flare. 3/day; Burning Hands. Caster level is equal to the kathari's HD. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Goblin, Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Undercommon, Infernal.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||50 years||60 years||+75 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+1d12"||175 lb.||+5d10 lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d10"||160 lb.||+4d10 lb.|