Green Knight (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Green Knights are the defenders of the green places. They began as normal Knights who made the decision that it is nobler to serve the world over any king. These rogue knights associate with Druids and Rangers, exchanging the defense provided by their strength of combat with the magical wisdom of the wilds. Using the knowledge given to them by their allies they wield the forces of the wilds with the untamed wrath of nature and the might of steel. Green Knights will not rest until they have defeated all of the enemies of the world that they seek to protect.
At level 3, your Knight can receive the ancient nature magic of your Druid or Ranger allies. You gain the following benefits:
- Proficiency in Animal Handling or Survival
- A spell casting ability based on your Wisdom modifier
- The ability to cast speak with smalls beasts at will.
- You choose between the Druid and Ranger. You then build your spell list off of the available spells of the designated class using the chart below.
At level 7, you have explored the wilds for most of your life and you have innate knowledge of survival and the ways of the land. You gain the following benefits:
- While outdoors you add your twice your proficiency modifier to checks involving investigation to track, perception to locate, and checks to become oriented when lost. Your passive perception also increases by your proficiency modifier while outdoors.
- While fighting outside casting a spell does not consume all of your attacks for the turn however your remaining attacks must be physical.
- Your knowledge of the natural world has allowed you to learn to hide in plain sight. If you wear platemail, you do not have disadvantage on stealth checks while outside. In addition, you can hide in lightly obscured weather and terrain (Snow, rain, fog, etc.)
Wrath of the Wildlands
At level 10 you have learned to call upon your allies of the natural world for assistance. Once per short rest you can put out a magical call for help to the world around you. All unaligned beasts capable of engaging in combat will answer the call on the next round of combat and stay for two rounds before again becoming unaligned. Roll a d4 twice. For grassland, forests, mountains, etc., 1) two grizzly bears, 2) four wolves, 3) five cougars, 4) 1 dire bear. In addition, you can use this feature to force a creature to make a wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature is charmed and serves as your animal companion for 24 hours or until you break the spell.
Forging the Bond
At level 15 you have further attuned yourself to the forces of nature. You have a close bond with the creatures that form your totem pole. You receive an enchanted amulet in the shape of the totem. Pick three animals (raven, bear, wolf, panther, hawk, eagle, jackal, cougar, boar, and horse). Once per long rest, you summon spectral versions of your totem animals. They’re specters and their attacks are considered magical. The specters are unwaveringly devoted to you and they receive their own initiatives on which you can command them. The specters stay for one hour or until you dismiss them.
Paragon of the Wilds
At level 18, you have completed your training in the art of Druid Craft or the Path of the Ranger. Depending on which path you chose at level 3, you gain the following benefits:
- You gain the ability to permanently bond with one beast that meets the requirements of the Ranger pet feature.
- Your pet attacks on its own initiative as commanded by you.
- Once per long rest you can grant the power of the great-spirit to yourself and your pet. You and your pet each gain temporary hit points equal to your fighter level plus proficiency modifier and add your wisdom modifier to all attacks. This effect lasts for 12 hours or until you take a short rest.
- You have been taught the ways of wild shape and can poly morph as determined by the druid wild shape feature.
- In addition you gain one additional level four spell slot and, once per day, you can cast a fifth level druid spell.
- Once per long rest, you can call upon the spirits of the wilds to assist you. You gain temporary hit points equal to your fighter level x 3. These hit points can be distributed to any amount of friendly creatures within 30 ft of you when the ability is activated.