Flügel (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Flügel are the sixth ranked race of the Exceed. Their homeland is Avant Heim, a floating city in the sky. Though they have the appearance of angels it has been noted that they are more alike to demons, as they hold powers of mass-destruction and massacred countless beings during the ancient war. After the demise of their creator, the Old Deus Artosh, the race is governed by the Council of Eighteen Wings consisting of 9 Flügels that rule in an oligarchical fashion. In emergency situations, Azriel, the Representative of the Winged, has the right to put forth decisions on her own. The Flügel killed numerous elves in the past, so the elves share a hatred for the Flügels. Flügels are also known as angels of death.
The Flügel were created by Artosh during the Great War to act as God killers, to kill other Old Deus. The first and weakest Flügel is Azriel whilst the final and most powerful was Jibril. During the Great war Artosh uses all his and the Flügels strength to release Heavenstrike. This did massive damage, but exposed himself and left the majority of the Flügel unable to fight back waves of Ex-Machina, which attack him in full force. This severely weakens him and ensuring that he could not materialize the Suniaster(Star Cup). This allowed Tet to spawn from Riku's imagination and prayers and take the Suniaster(Star Cup), making him the one true god.
Artosh dies, and Tet reforms the entire world with the 10 pledges. This means that the Flügels, a race designed to destroy, had no place left in Disboard. The Flügel were left without purpose. Instead they dedicated themselves to obtaining knowledge in accordance to Artosh's words; “I can’t understand it, because only the weak are able to. It’s the unknown possibility that I may lose to one stronger than I.”. Artosh's loss is credited to his lack of understanding so the Flügel seek to understand all.
Due to their nature, Flügels tend to have violent thoughts, have no sense of shame, and are condescending towards other races below them. However, due to an unspecified number of years(implied to be over 1000) devoted to the gathering of knowledge, they can quickly become excited at the prospect of a mystery or a chance to add to their own personal library of information.
A Flügel puts knowledge before anything else, and will do anything in their power to obtain it, that is up to the personality of the Flügel, however.
Flügel all have a pair of wings along their back, some have it along their shoulders, some the middle, others have their pair along the small of their back. Wherever they are, the color of the wings are usually within the white-silver spectrum. Their eyes shine with bright colors, and their eyes are usually the same color, if not the same shade of color. Thin and frail as well, the Flügel lost their previously strong builds in exchange for the sleek, slender builds throughout the ages. All Flügel wear a halo and all flugel are Female. There are minority of males
Due to their very high and mighty ways of acting, most races tend not to spend much time around Flügels unless needed. Even with their abrasive nature, there haven't been many major wars or battles with Flügel and other races. They will try to get along very well with races unknown to them. Some races they do not get along with are the warbeasts, due to war between them, and Elves, for the same reason, although some have more reason to hate each other than most, for reasons such as destroying an entire city and stealing their books for giving a Flügel "a bump on the head." Their arch-enemy and rivals are the Ex-machina_(3.5e_Race).
Flügels are constantly searching for their purpose in the world and seek knowledge to find "the answer" so they act chaotically but only in the fact they will do anything to obtain the answer they seek
Flügel can be found in the massive floating city created in its own plane. This plane consists of building block buildings with no doors or windows as flugels can teleport into the buildings they wish to enter. It is rare they go out on their own
Flügel worship Artosh, the god who made the Flügels. Flügel are dedicated to their god, however, since their god's death they search for "the answer" to understand how he was defeated and what their new purpose is. Some Flügel have chosen to follow the gamer siblings of the Imanti race. This is due to the bible written by the Flügel Jibril who is a special Flügel created by Artosh to purposely be different than her brethren. This led her to be the ultimate Flügel facing challenges that would doom normal Flügel.
Flügel speak a language of their own, which many simply call after the race themselves. However, it is not uncommon to hear Flügel speak in many different tongues.
Flügel names can range from nearly any known language.
- A Flügel has +4 Dexterity, +6 Intelligence, +4 Constitution, +4 Wisdom, +4 Charisma. Flügel are quick and highly intelligent, They are beings created by their god for pure combat and destruction. Capable of surviving explosions and slaughtering the most feared races in combat. A single flugel had the magical capability to destroy an entire city
- Native (Outsider)
- Medium size
- Flügel base land speed is 40 feet (60 if hovering). A Flügel also have a fly speed of 100, with near-perfect maneuverability.
- Flight: Flügel wings allow them to hover in place. They may also use their wings to hover off the ground, yet may not move more than 60 feet per move. If her wings are damaged, such as cuts or having the feathers damaged, the wings molt and grow new feathers in 1d5 days.
- Knowledge Lust: If a Flügel is playing a class that uses a book to record spells or the likes (Such as a Wizard), a Flügel takes half to time to copy any spell from other spellbooks into her own. Also, no matter the class, a Flügel takes half the time to decipher a scroll, or to make a magic scroll if they have the means to. A Flügel does not require to study her spellbook when they play a spellcaster class, such as a wizard, they have memorized the entire book and should they add any spells to the book, they will not need to study it, they will instantly memorize it and be able to cast it.
- Flügel do NOT require sleep, yet they can rest if they want, to a max of 4 hours, though they gain nor lose anything from doing so or not. If playing a spell user, a Flügel gets their spells per day at midnight, unless they rest, then they get their spells per day according to how long they slept, and however much they had before they rested. They also gain life the same way.
- Flügel are immune to hunger and dehydration.
- Holy Halo: Flügel also have what appears to be a halo above their heads, on a slant, but it's more runic than a plain old ring, and it lights up anything in a 10 ft radius when it's total darkness. This is also the Flugels magic and spell source. The more powerful a spell a Flugel appears the larger the Halo will grow and glow
- Low-Light Vision out to 60 ft.
- Spirit Circuits: As a Flügel whenever there is an antimagic field, they become very uneasy and get a -2 to all their rolls depending on strength, Dexterity, and charisma, this does not affect the Flügel when using Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, or Intimidate due to the Flügel's Adaptive Speaking ability. They also lose their ability of flight, however if they fall from a heigh where they would take damage, they take only 1 point of non-lethal due to this being a usual thing, they have grown accustomed to it (This effect also works when the Flügel falls unconscious mid-air).
- When a Flügel has a caster level of at least 3, they are able to faze through walls, doors, and virtually anything else that is solid, however, this effect does not count for weapons or spells.
- A Flügel may also simply walk on walls as if it was with a spider climb effect, without the speed penalty (as long as it can fly).
- Applied Knowledge: A Flügel treats all Knowledge skills as class skills, and gain +2 racial bonus on all Knowledge skills. Also, if a Flügel gains a Knowledge skill from the class they are, they gain an additional +2 racial bonus on the skill as well.
- Tongues: Flügel learn two languages per point of Intelligence Modifier at 1st level. If they ever gain an Intelligence of at least 25, they gain Tongues and Comprehend Languages permanently.
- Adaptive Speaking: Flügel may use their Intelligence Modifier, instead of their Charisma Modifier for skills.
- Flügel gain +2 racial bonus on Forgery Checks, and +2 racial bonus on Balance while flying.
- Ageless: A Flügel is immortal in age only. She may still die from disease, environmental hazards, or simply combat, however, because of this, they take no penalties when they reach certain ages.
- Automatic Languages: Flügel, Auran, Celestial, Abyssal, Infernal. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any Class
- Level Adjustment: +12
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|8075 years||9100 years||12150 years||N/A years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 7"||+2d6||155 lb.||× (2d8) lb.|
|Female||5' 5"||+2d4||145 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|