Elves, Deep (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Deep elves are one of the original elves. Unlike other elves, they have an affinity with rocky areas such as caves. As a result, these elves moved underground. Like all elves, deep elves have a special bond with one another.
Campaign Note: It is recommended that drow are not used along with deep elves. The deep elf in most case replaces that niche in the world. If you do use use drow, make sure that the drow have a special tie to the deep elves. Drow titles in such a campaign should be Speaker of the Shades, Speaker of the Dawn etc.
Deep elves are about 4 1/2 feet tall. They have reddish to brownish skin and hazel eyes. On average, a deep elf weighs about 90 to 120 pounds.
Deep elves get along with other elves. They have good relations with dwarves as well and have a marked distaste for goblinoids. Unlike other elves, deep elves are more open to other races and don't have distrust towards half-breed races. Deep elves don't fight against orcs often.
Due to their friendly demeanor and balance between a strict regimen and a free life, most deep elves are neutral good.
Deep elves live underground, but some live in caves, mountains and other rocky places. Due to their dislike of light, most deep elves don't live up on the surface.
The chief deity of the deep elves is Darmatin, who blesses his people with love and nurturing and makes sure they are happy and healthy in their worldly endeavors and lives.
|Symbol:||A stone wheel.|
|Portfolio:||Health, Love, Nurturing|
|Clergy Alignments:||Lawful Good, Neutral Good|
|Domains:||Good, Earth, Healing and Knowledge|
|Favored Weapon:||hand crossbow.|
Deep elves speak Common, Elven, and Undercommon. Many deep elves learn the Terran language and learn those of their enemies.
- −2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution: Deep elves are bulkier and less nimble than other elves.
- HumanoidHumanoid (ElfElf)
- MediumMedium size: As Medium creatures, deep elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Deep elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Stonecunning (Ex): This ability grants a deep elf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A deep elf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if she were actively searching, and a deep elf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A deep elf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
- Darkvision 60ft: Deep elves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and deep elves can function just fine with no light at all.
- Low-Light Vision: A deep elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: Deep elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A deep elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- +2 dodge bonus against goblinoids and reptillian humanoids.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, and Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Goblin, Terran.
- Favored Class: Druid. A multiclass deep elf’s Druid class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Base Effective Character Level: 1st.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||263 years||350 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|