Doom Slayer (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Doom Slayer
- 1.1 Lets Rip and Tear
- 1.2 Creating a Doom Slayer
- 1.3 Class Features
- 1.3.1 Table: The Doom Slayer
- 1.3.2 Path of Torment
- 1.3.3 Praetor Sacrament
- 1.3.4 Master of Failure
- 1.3.5 Ravenous Hatred
- 1.3.6 The Doom Slayer
- 1.3.7 Dark Vengeance
- 1.3.8 Tough
- 1.3.9 Ability Score Increase
- 1.3.10 Extra Attack
- 1.3.11 Hell Walker
- 1.3.12 Frightening
- 1.3.13 Weapon of doom
- 1.3.14 The Barbarous Dance
- 1.3.15 Unshakable, Incorruptible
- 1.3.16 Rip and Tear
- 1.4 Notes on firearms
- 1.5 Multiclassing
Fight the armies of Hell with Barbarous Cruelty.
Lets Rip and Tear
In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood. Burned by the embers of Armageddon, his soul blistered by the fires of Hell and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment. In his ravenous hatred he found no peace; and with boiling blood he scoured the Umbral Plains seeking vengeance against the dark lords who had wronged him.
Creating a Doom Slayer
|An example Doom slayer, made by id Software and Bethesda Softworks.|
Do you want to murder some demons, or is it more of a case of "No John, you are the demons"? Either way lets dive into how you can get started running and gunning through hordes of the damned.
- Quick Build
You can make a Doom Slayer quickly by following these suggestions. First, Strength should be your highest ability score, followed by Constitution. Second, choose the Mercenary Veteran background. Third, choose a variety of weapons.
As a Doom Slayer you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Armor: Medium and heavy armor
Weapons: Simple, Martial, Improvised
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Skills: choose 2 from Intimidation, Athletics, Acrobatics, Survival, Perception, Insight
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) a BattleAxe or (b) a Glaive
- (a) Scale mail and a shortbow with 20 arrows or (b) Chain mail
- (a) 3 hand axes or (b) a hand crossbow and 10 bolts
- (a) a dungeoneer's pack or (b) an explorer's pack
- If you are using starting wealth, you have 5d4 x 10 in funds.
|Features||Path of Torment|
|2nd||+2||Ravenous Hatred, Master of failure||10ft|
|3rd||+2||The Doom Slayer , Dark Vengeance||10ft|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement, Tough||10ft|
|5th||+3||Extra Attack (1)||15ft|
|6th||+3||The Doom Slayer , Ability Score Improvement , Hell Walker||15ft|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement||15ft|
|9th||+4||The Doom Slayer , The Barbarous Dance, Weapon of Doom||15ft|
|11th||+4||Extra Attack (2)||20ft|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement, The Doom Slayer||20ft|
|14th||+5||Ability Score Improvement||20ft|
|15th||+5||The Doom Slayer||25ft|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement||25ft|
|17th||+6||Extra Attack (3)||25ft|
|18th||+6||The Doom Slayer||30ft|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement, Ravenous Hatred||30ft|
|20th||+6||Rip and Tear||40ft|
Path of Torment
The power that flows through you gives you increased speed. Starting at 1st level, your speed increases by 10 feet while wearing medium/heavy armor. This bonus increases to 15ft at 5th, 20ft at 10th, 25ft at 15th, 30ft at 18th and 40ft at 20th.
The armor of the doom slayer is tempered by the fires of Damnation. Starting at 1st level you get Praetor Armor giving it the following features while worn by the doom slayer:
- You can use your Strength modifier instead of Dexterity for the attack and damage rolls of your ranged weapons.
- It has half weight while worn.
- It may not be removed involuntarily.
- While worn all Charisma (Persuasion) rolls are made at disadvantage, but all Charisma (Intimidation) rolls are at advantage.
- While worn all carried weapons have no weight using a backpack with experimental warp technology. You are able to hold all your weapons simultaneously and weapons can't removed from your possession involuntarily. Any ranged weapon that uses Ammunition never need to be reloaded (with exception of super shotgun and pump shotgun still need to be pump between shots).
- While worn all opportunity attacks against you have disadvantage.
- While wearing the Praetor Armor your AC equals 13 + your Strength modifier + your Constitution modifier.
- This armor is considered medium armor
Master of Failure
At 2nd level you have failed and witnessed failure so many times before in combat, if you roll a critical failure/ a 1 on an attack roll you can re-roll the the attack die.
The doom slayer exhibits barbarous cruelty against their foes. Starting at 2nd level if you hit an enemy within 5ft and reduces their Hp to 10 or less you can make the target make dexterity saving throw (DC= 10 + proficiency bonus + Strength modifier) on a fail you execute the target reducing their hp to 0. At 10th level this threshold increases to 20 or less HP and at 19th level it increases to 30 or less HP.
The Doom Slayer
At 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th level you gain this feature. Each time you gain this feature you may choose one of the following options. You may choose each one only once. You can only have 3 features active at a time but you can switch out the ones you chosen on short rest.
- Quenched with Blood
- You no longer require sleep food or water as long as you have killed something with CR 1 or higher within the past 24 hours.
- When you take this your unarmed strike scales as that same as Monk's martial arts die, on a bonus action You enter a berserk rage and pummel your foes into submission, You add 1d4 to your unarmed strikes, during berserk you can take a minus to your to attack rolls for higher damage die (-5 to hit +10 to damage). You have advantage on Strength(athletics) checks for 3 rounds. You may use this feature a number of times equal to your strength modifier. You regain these uses after a long rest.
- Projectile Accuracy
- You now add wisdom modifier (Min 1, Max 5) to all ranged attack rolls.
- Mutilating Strike
- Every time you successfully execute something with Ravenous Hatred you gain half your Doom Slayer level rounded down plus Constitution modifier as temporary hit points, which stacks with this feature. The max temporary hit points you may gain is half your maximum hit points rounded down. At level 20 this limit is equal to your maximum hit points.
- Staggering Blow
- You may forfeit the damage of one successful attack per turn to push the target up to 10 feet.
- Infernal Munitions
- As long as you have 40 temporary hit points You no longer require ammunition for ranged weapons and are considered to have an infinite amount of thrown weapon ammunition as long as you have at least one of the thrown weapon. (You must take Mutilating strike before you can take this)
- Alacrity of the Damned
- Gain proficiency in dexterity saving throws. When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if successful, and only half damage if you fail.
- When you take this feature, As a bonus action, you can activate this ability. When you do, until you next turn, you gain a damage bonus to all of your attacks equal to your Doom Slayer level, but also take additional damage equal to your Doom Slayer level when you are hit.
- Relentless Fervor
- When you may be reduced to 0 hit points you instead may drop to half your Doom Slayer level + Constitution modifier. You can't use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
- Terrifying Brutality
- Upon killing an enemy, each surrounding enemy within 15 feet of you gains disadvantage on all saving throws until the start of your next turn.
- Seek and Destroy
- You now can use Ravenous Hatred 10ft away.
A burning hatred festers for those who tarnished you. At 3rd level you gain advantage on wisdom (survival) checks to track fiends and aberrations. You gain advantage to intelligence checks to recall information about them and you may add half your Doom Slayer level as magic damage when dealing damage to them.
Starting at 4th level you hit point maximum increases by an amount equal to twice your level when you gain this feat. Whenever you gain a level thereafter, your hit point maximum increases by an additional 2 hit points.
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
When you reach 5th level you may attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn. The number of attacks increases to three when you reach 11th level and four when you reach 17th level.
At 6th level you gain resistance to fire damage and slashing damage and may ignore difficult terrain if they moved more than 5ft last turn and all damage dealt by you is treated as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.
The doom slayer incites fear in those who walk the dark path. At 7th level all Charisma(intimidation) rolls against fiends and aberrations enemies may be made at advantage. Even creatures that are otherwise immune to intimidation. Once per round you may use a bonus action to incite fear in a single chosen enemy. The target makes a Wisdom save against intimidation roll + half your Doom Slayer level rounded up or becomes frightened.
Weapon of doom
At 9th level during a long rest you are able to connect with a weapon of your choice ( only one weapon at a time and may be magical already ) this weapon is then filled with hatred, when this weapon is wielded all enemies within 60 feet must succeed of a Charisma saving throw equal to your spell save dc ( uses charisma for spell save dc ) or be frightened of you for the next 1 hour. This weapon deal an additional 3d8 psychic damage + 3d8 poison, these damages are considered magical for the purpose of bypassing resistances and immunities. This weapon will return to you when you say "Back" and can only be broken by you.
The Barbarous Dance
At 9th level as long as you have moved more than 5ft last round they do not provoke opportunity attacks.
At 13th level you gain advantage on spell saving throws as well as mind effecting abilities from fiends and Aberrations, He gains wisdom proficiency and immunity to spell effects(but not damage) and abilities from fiends and Aberrations.
Rip and Tear
Notes on firearms
If your campaign has firearms then the Doom Slayer is automatically proficient with them. Feel free to revise any starting packages to accommodate.
Doom over the land
This is your classes archetype.
Starting at 3rd level you no longer need to use additional speed when walking through difficult terrain. You gain an additional 10 feet in your movement speed
- Twisted Earth
Starting at 6th level as an action you can make 15 feet of terrain become difficult terrain, you also gain resistance to non-magical slashing,bludgeoning and piercing damage.
- Terra Control
Starting at 10th level you learn to draw power from the earth. As a bonus action you can turn your body into stone. Your AC is increased by 4 and you gain resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage. For the duration, you are three times heavier than normal, and your movement speed is reduced to 0. You can end this effect without requiring an action on your turn.
- Precipice Blades
At 15th level the land is now your to control and can cause it to move and throw off your enemies. As an action you can cause the earth to make 4 stone spike in 60 feet in front of you. If a creature is in the area it must succeed a Dexterity saving throw or take 8d8 piercing damage, half as much on failed save.
- Earth Tremor
Starting at 20th level, With a single step you create a shake in the ground in such a matter that causes the Earth it self to crack open as an action you can start an Earth Tremor that last for 10 minutes and can use a bonus action to cause one of these effects.
- Magma erupts from a point on the ground that you can see within 120 feet of you,creating a 20-foot-high, 20-foot-radius flaming geyser. Each creature within the radius must succeed a Dexterity saving throw or take takes 20d6 fire damage.
- A tremor shakes the ground in a 80-foot radius around you. Each creature other than the you on the ground in that area must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw against your save DC or be knocked prone creatures who are concentrating must succeed a Constitution saving throw or lose concentration.
- The ground shakes vigorously causing the earth to split open in certain places you choose, you open 1d10 fissures in a 80 foot area,each fissure is 15 feet deep and 15 feet wide a creature who stands over a fissure as it opens must succeed Dexterity saving throw or fall into the fissure a creature with Evasion does not benefit from it. A fissure that opens under a structure takes 50 bludgeoning damage and collapses if destroyed.
Proficiencies. When you multiclass into the Doom Slayer class, you gain the following proficiencies: Heavy Armor, Improvised Weapons.