Doom Slayer (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Doom Slayer
- 1.1 Lets Rip and Tear
- 1.2 Creating a Doom Slayer
- 1.3 Class Features
- 1.3.1 Table: The Doom Slayer
- 1.3.2 Path of Torment
- 1.3.3 Praetor Sacrament
- 1.3.4 Ravenous Hatred
- 1.3.5 The Doom Slayer
- 1.3.6 Dark Vengeance
- 1.3.7 Ability Score Increase
- 1.3.8 Extra Attack
- 1.3.9 Hell Walker
- 1.3.10 Frightening
- 1.3.11 The Barbarous Dance
- 1.3.12 Unshakable, Incorruptible
- 1.3.13 Rip and Tear
- 1.4 Notes on firearms
- 1.5 Multiclassing
Fight the armies of Hell with Barbarous Cruelty.
Lets Rip and Tear
In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood. Burned by the embers of Armageddon, his soul blistered by the fires of Hell and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment. In his ravenous hatred he found no peace; and with boiling blood he scoured the Umbral Plains seeking vengeance against the dark lords who had wronged him.
Creating a Doom Slayer
|An example Doom slayer, made by id Software and Bethesda Softworks.|
Do you want to murder some demons, or is it more of a case of "No John, you are the demons"? Either way lets dive into how you can get started running and gunning through hordes of the damned.
- Quick Build
You can make a Doom Slayer quickly by following these suggestions. First, Strength should be your highest ability score, followed by Constitution. Second, choose the Mercenary Veteran background. Third, choose a variety of weapons.
As a Doom Slayer you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Armor: Medium and heavy armor
Weapons: Simple, Martial, Improvised
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Skills: choose 2 from Intimidation, Athletics, Acrobatics, Survival, Perception, Insight
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) a BattleAxe or (b) a Glaive
- (a) Scale mail and a shortbow with 20 arrows or (b) Chain mail
- (a) 3 hand axes or (b) a hand crossbow and 10 bolts
- (a) a dungeoneer's pack or (b) an explorer's pack
- If you are using starting wealth, you have 5d4 x 10 in funds.
|Features||Path of Torment|
|3rd||+2||The Doom Slayer , Dark Vengeance||10ft|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement||10ft|
|5th||+3||Extra Attack (1)||15ft|
|6th||+3||The Doom Slayer , Ability Score Improvement , Hell Walker||15ft|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement||15ft|
|9th||+4||The Doom Slayer , The Barbarous Dance||15ft|
|11th||+4||Extra Attack (2)||20ft|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement, The Doom Slayer||20ft|
|14th||+5||Ability Score Improvement||20ft|
|15th||+5||The Doom Slayer||25ft|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement||25ft|
|17th||+6||Extra Attack (3)||25ft|
|18th||+6||The Doom Slayer||30ft|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement, Ravenous Hatred||30ft|
|20th||+6||Rip and Tear||40ft|
Path of Torment
The power that flows through you gives you increased speed. Starting at 1st level, your speed increases by 10 feet while wearing heavy armor. This bonus increases to 15ft at 5th, 20ft at 10th, 25ft at 15th, 30ft at 18th and 40ft at 20th.
The armor of the doom slayer is tempered by the fires of Damnation. Starting at 1st level you get Praetor Armor giving it the following features while worn by the Doom Slayer. It has half weight while worn by the Doom slayer. It may not be removed involuntarily from the Doom slayer. While worn all Charisma(persuasion) rolls are made at disadvantage, but all Charisma(intimidation) rolls are at advantage. While worn all carried weapons have no weight using a backpack with experimental warp technology, The Doom Slayer is able to hold all his weapons simultaneously and weapons can't removed from his possession in any way, shape, or form, and any ranged weapon that uses Ammunition never need to be reloaded(within exception of super shotgun and pump shotgun still need to be pump between shots) While worn all opportunity attacks against the doom slayer have disadvantage. While wearing the Praetor Armor and not using a shield your AC equals 13 plus dex and con mods.
The doom slayer exhibits barbarous cruelty against their foes. Starting at 2nd level if the doom slayer hits an enemy within 5ft and reduces their Hp to 10 or less The doom slayer can make the target make dexterity saving throw (DC= 8 + proficiency bonus + Strength modifier) on a fail you execute the target reducing their hp to 0. At 10th level this threshold increases to 20 or less HP and at 19th level it increases to 30 or less HP.
The Doom Slayer
At 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th level The doom slayer gains this feature. Each time you gain this feature you may choose one of the following options, you may choose each one only once. You can only have 3 feature at a time but you can switch out the ones you chosen on short rest
- Quenched with Blood
- The doom slayer no longer requires sleep food or water as long as they have killed something with CR 1 or higher within the past 24 hours.
- When you take this your unarmed strike scales as that same as Monk's martial arts die, on a bonus action You enter a berserk rage and pummel your foes into submission, You add 1d4 to your unarmed strikes, during berserk you can take a minus to your to attack rolls for higher damage die (-5 to hit +10 to damage). You have advantage on Strength(athletics) checks for 3 rounds. You may use this feature a number of times equal to your strength modifier. You regain these uses after a long rest.
- Projectile Accuracy
- You now add wisdom modifier (Min 1, Max 5) to all ranged attack rolls.
- Mutilating Strike
- Every time you successfully execute something with Ravenous Hatred you gain half your Doom Slayer level rounded down plus Constitution modifier as temp hp, the temp hp does stack with this feature and the max temp is half you max hp rounded down. at level 20 the max temp you can have is equal to your max hp
- Staggering Blow
- You may forfeit the damage of one successful attack per turn to push the target up to 10 feet.
- Infernal Munitions
- As long as you have 40 temp hp You no longer require ammunition for ranged weapons and are considered to have an infinite amount of thrown weapon ammunition as long as you have at least one of the thrown weapon. (You must take Mutilating strike before you can take this)
- Alacrity of the Damned
- Gain proficiency in dexterity saving throws. When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if successful, and only half damage if you fail.
- When you take this feature, As a bonus action, you can activate this ability. When you do, until you next turn, you gain a damage bonus to all of your attacks equal to your Doom Slayer level, but also take additional damage equal to your Doom Slayer level when you are hit.
- Relentless Fervor
- When you may be reduced to 0 hit points you instead may drop to half your doom slayer level + Constitution modifier. You can't use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
- Terrifying Brutality
- Upon killing an enemy, each surrounding enemy within 15 feet gains disadvantage on all saving throws intill the start of your next turn.
- Seek and Destroy
- You now can use Ravenous Hatred 10ft away.
A burning hatred festers for those who tarnished you. At 3rd level you gain advantage on wisdom (survival) checks to track fiends and aberrations. You gain advantage to intelligence checks to recall information about them and you may add half your Doom slayer level as magic damage when dealing damage to them.
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, and again at 6th, 8th, 12th, 14th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
When you reach 5th level you may attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn. The number of attacks increases to three when you reach 11th level and four when you reach 17th level.
At 6th level The doom slayer gains resistance to fire damage and slashing damage and may ignore difficult terrain if they moved more than 5ft last turn and all damage dealt by the Doom Slayer is treated as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.
The doom slayer incites fear in those who walk the dark path. At 7th level all Charisma(intimidation) rolls against fiends and aberrations enemies may be made at advantage. Even creatures that are otherwise immune to intimidation. Once per round the Doom slayer may use a bonus action to incite fear in a single chosen enemy. The target makes a Wisdom save against intimidation roll + half the Doom Slayers level rounded up or becomes frightened.
The Barbarous Dance
At 9th level as long as the Doom slayer moved more than 5ft last round they do not provoke opportunity attacks.
At 13th level the Doom slayer gains advantage on spell saving throws as well as mind effecting abilities from fiends and Aberrations, He gains wisdom proficiency and immunity to spell effects(but not damage) and abilities from fiends and Aberrations.
Rip and Tear
At 20th level the Doom Slayer Strength and Dexterity scores increase by 4, your maximum for those scores is now 24 and you gain advantage on attacks against fiends and aberrations.
Notes on firearms
If your campaign has firearms then The Doom Slayer is automatically proficient with them. Feel free to revise any starting packages to accommodate.
Prerequisites. To qualify for multiclassing into the Doom Slayer class, you must meet these prerequisites: 13 Strength, 13 Constitutuion.
Proficiencies. When you multiclass into the Doom Slayer class, you gain the following proficiencies: Heavy Armor, Improvised Weapons.