Dentist's Tools (5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
Dentist's tools come in a flat-bottomed black or brown leather bag with a metal-frame closing mouth. The bag contains a number of general steel tools of a highly polished and precision nature. Using these tools a small or medium creature tooth can be removed in 1 minute. The tooth of a large creature can be removed in 10 minutes.
Proficiency with these tools give a character +1 on medicine checks and +1 on intimidation checks.
If the actual contents of the bag are ever of roleplaying importance, they include:
- Tooth pliers
- A small hand drill, with various bits
- A small filling packing tool
- A small mirror on a stick
- Needle and thread for stitching wounds
- Dikes for reshaping shaping gums of large creatures, capable of snipping off the ends of fingers, toes, or large scales
- Herbs, spiderweb and gauze for clotting bleeding
- Herbs and liquid for reducing pain
- Mouth guards
- Bite sticks
- A small knife for carving dentures
- A whetstone
- A small hammer
- Live leaches
- A smock
- A tiny magical light capable of illuminating 1 cubic foot of space, attached to a piece of headgear
- A pair of scissors
- Alloy powder made of tin, lead etc.
- Various small files
- A small ceramic or metal cup
Cost: 32 gp
Weight: 10 lb.