Demonoid (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Demonoids' appearance will slowly alter itself to match his/her living environment. However this doesn't mean they have to look special, they can almost look like a perfectly normal human being if the Demonoid chooses to. I will post some pictures below that can serve as an example if imagination runs dry. This by all means are no restrictions. You get to decide how much they alter their appearance as long as it stays a Humanoid body type. Slight exception on Aquatic as they can take the form of a mermaid.
- City: Obvious. Most City Demonoids look just like normal humans.
- Mountain/Caves: Obvious. It's not uncommon for Mountain/Cave Demonoids to have a rough skin with a grey/brown-ish tone or small rocks implemented/attached to the skin.
- Forests: Obvious. It's fairly common for Forest Demonoids to have antler-like horns, representing the stag. Often have a plantlike skin covering the body instead of clothes.
- Aquatic: Near seas, lakes & rivers or even inside them. The Aquatic Demonoids find it easy to take the form a mermaid or pattern and colours of a fish.
- Desert: Obvious. Desert Demonoids often have a dark toned skin, sometimes grey, brown or black. It's not uncommon for the skin to feel like sandpaper.
- Infernal: Near vulcanoes or very hot areas. Some gain a strong liking to the fire and heat and may implement this in their look.
- Abyssal: Monstrous, dark & corrupt areas. Some Abyssal Demonoids take on a more terrifying form themselves as to blend in.
Demonoids tend to get along with nearly all races. Any Demonoid subtype can have any alignment, so the options in personalities are also open. Infernal & Abyssal Demonoids are more likely to be Evil, Mountain & Desert are more likely Neutral, and Forest & Aquatic are often Good, while City Demonoids have no most common alignment. These aren't restrictions as said in the beginning, it is perfectly possible to be a chaotic evil Forest Demonoid for example.
When it comes to body types, most Demonoids tend to look just like Humans, with some exceptions or minor differences, as Demonoids have the Adaptive Body trait to slowly altar their appearance to match their surroundings.
Some Demonoids stil have their wings, these are luckily for them retractable so they can hide their true race if they want to. These wings aren't very capable of flying however and when they do fly it's rather clumsy.
Most Demonoids still have their tail, just like their ancestors, but smaller. The tail can easily be hidden with clothes. Natural Weapon: Tentacle 1d6
Some Demonoids have claws instead of humanlike hands. Natural Weapon: 2 Claws 1d4
Demonoids get along with nearly every race. Most Demonoids have some kind of trust issues however as they can't always know who's an ally and who's not.
This mostly depends on where the parents have chosen to stay as they will gain the adaptability of their parents on birth. When they grow up however most of them move out and look for where they think they belong. In case this Demonoid has a family as well this will most likely repeat itself with the child.
Demonoids usually don't have a religion although this doesn't mean one can't believe in a god.
All Demonoids automatically speak Common & Demonic. They gain bonus languages based on their adapted environment.
Most Demonoids will use their human names in their daily life. Some Demonoids however might choose to use their Demonoid name. The Demonoid name most commonly exists of 2 parts seperated by a " ' ". For example: Vash'Nui. The parts of the Demonoid name often have a deeper meaning in other languages, tales, history, etc and form something when combined. With the example of Vash'Nui meaning "Queen of the Night". Another example is one of my test characters with this race "Hteb'Cam" with Human name "Tebby". The words themselves don't have a deeper meaning but when you turn Hteb'Cam around you get Mac Beth, a tragedy by William Shakespeare. Here this name means that the character itself often puts on an act hiding her true identity/morale, in this case hunger for power.
- Adaptive Body: The Demonoids' appearance may slowly alter itself to match his/her living environment gaining the following bonuses (Chosen on character creation):
- Mountain/Caves: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution & -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma & Tremorsense up to 50 feet.
- Forests: +2 Wisdom, +2 Dexterity & -2 Strength, -2 Intelligence & Woodland Stride & +2 to Knowledge(Nature).
- Aquatic: +2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom & -2 Dexterity, -2 Strength & Telepathy & Fast Healing for 1/2 Constitution modifier, minimum 1, as long as the character is in contact with water that has a mass of at least 1/4 of its own body weight.
- Desert: +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity & -2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence & Paralysis Strike.
Paralysis Strike: The character or creature can choose to make a special melee attack using their tail/tentacle with excellent precision, attempting to make the enemy Paralyzed. If the melee attack hits (just hitting is enough, no need to do damage) the enemy rolls a Fortitude save of DC 12+ Strength Modifier. If it fails that character becomes Paralyzed for 1/2 Dexterity modifier turns, with a minimum of 1. The Paralyzed target gets to roll a new Fortitude save of the same DC every additional round. The special attack counts as a 1d6 Natural Weapon, Tentacle when calculating damage.
- Infernal: +2 Intelligence, +2 Constitution & -2 Strength, -2 Wisdom & Fire Immunity.
- Abyssal: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity & -2 Charisma, -2 Intelligence & Pounce.
- Humanoid (Demonlike).
- Medium (No benefits or penalties).
- Base land speed is 30 feet; flight(clumsy): 30 feet.
- Darkvision up to 60 feet.
- +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Sense Motive, Intimidate, Move Silently, Hide, Spot, and Listen checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Based on Environment: Elven, Dwarven, Infernal, Abyssal, Sylvan, Terran, Aquan, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Can fit a lot of classes based on the environment:
- City: Rogue
- Mountain/Caves: Fighter
- Forests: Cleric
- Aquatic: Sorcerer
- Desert: Barbarian
- Infernal: Wizard
- Abyssal: Monk
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|52 years||79 years||105 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|