Demonify (5e Disease)
From D&D Wiki
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Diseases
The soul of a demon has been unwillingly sucked inside you. Both souls are now in constant conflict. You may contract this disease/curse by a cursed item, cursed environment or by a spell.
Your will is strong enough to keep the demon soul at bay, but once engaged in combat, you start losing your grip.
Player must roll for a wisdom saving throw of 15,
If they succeed, they stay in their original form.
But if they fail, they transform into a demon, and have to stay in this form until they roll more a than 18 in a wisdom saving throw (rolling every 5 in-game minutes) or until hit points are depleted. If player reaches 0 hit points as a demon, he becomes normal, but permanently loses 3 hit points.
When transformed, you gain certain demonic traits, like horns, blood red eyes, long canines, long claws and a light pink skin color.
While in demon form, you gain the following effects on your stats:
- +2 Strength
- -1 Dexterity
- +1 Constitution
- -2 Intelligence
- -2 Wisdom
- +2 Charisma
You also gain the following effects:
- Your alignment is now chaotic evil
- You gain resistance against fire and necrotic damage
- You gain weakness against radiant damage
- You have +20 hit points
- You have +10 speed
Once you transform back into your original form, you lose all of the effects listed above.
You may still use the weapons your are wielding, but have disadvantage. You gain the following attacks and spells:
- Claws: Melee Weapon Attack, reach 5 ft., one target, Hit: (2d6 + 4) slashing damage.
- Bite: Melee Weapon Attack, reach 5 ft., one target, Hit: (1d8 + 4) piercing damage.
- 3rd-level evocation
|Casting Time:||1 action|
- A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger to a point you choose within range and then blossoms with a low roar into an explosion of flame. Each creature in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 5d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The fire spreads around corners. It ignites flammable objects in the area that aren't being worn or carried.
- You may only use this spell once every transformation
- When rolling wisdom saving throw to transform back into your normal state, you roll with your normal wisdom modifier, not with the modifier of the demon form.
- I have removed the material cost from the fireball spell and have reduced the damage to balance the outcome.
- This curse/disease can't be cured using spells, it can only be healed with a wish, a god or other celestial being.
- This is my first post here, so be considerate.