Dúnedain (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Sample Dúnedain 
Dúnedain are thought by most to be cold, or aloof as they often prefer wilderness and animals to cities and people; however those who impress Dúnedain with a particular piece of knowledge, a skill or ability frequently find them to be engaging and even friendly. Dúnedain can be slow to make friends and allies, but one would be lucky to have a Dúnedain call them either as Dúnedain are fiercely loyal and exceptionally capable in all tasks they take the time to master.
Dúnedain are similar to humans in many ways, but are considerably taller and more hearty. An average male Dúnedain is 6'2" or taller with some reaching over 7' and generally weigh 170 to 240 pounds or more. Females tend to be slightly smaller. Dúnedain typically have dark hair(black, brown, auburn) and pale eyes(grey, light blue or a light shade of hazel.
Dúnedain have what would be called cordial relations with most races, and tend to get along best with Humans, Elves and Halflings. Dwarves are known to occasionally earn the friendship of a Dúnedain. Dúnedain are on less than friendly terms with Orcs and Goblins.
Dúnedain are usually Neutral or Good, but when they are Evil they are exceptionally vile. Dúnedain range from Chaotic to Lawful evenly, however most tend towards Neutral.
Dúnedain are most frequently found in wilderness areas such as forests, mountains, swamps and grasslands. Dúnedain rarely settle in cities preferring to stay in areas where they can hunt.
Dúnedain are naturally curious and open-minded with a deep reverence for nature, as such they follow many deities commonly associated wilderness, traveling or hunting and trapping.
Dúnedain have their own language, Adûnaic, but also speak Common and Elvin, but typically speak languages of the races they most frequently interact with.
Dúnedain are given an individual name at birth by their parents. Family names are passed from father to son having been established by forebearers based on personality or physical traits,trades or skills and less frequently through great deeds or accomplishments. New family names can be established by individuals whose acts and deeds are truly exceptional which garner wide renown. With their long lives Dúnedain frequently take multiple names during travels, conflicts and adventures in different groups and lands. A well traveled Dúnedain will have no less than 10 names before death.
- +2 Constitution, +4 Wisdom +2 Charisma.: Dúnedain are larger and much more hearty than typical Humans.
- Humanoid: Human(Adûn)
- Medium: Medium Creatures have no penalties or benefits based on size
- Dúnedain base land speed is 40 feet
- Dúnedain have 2d8 of racial hit dice: +2 base attack bonus +2 Fort +2 Ref +2 Will
- Dúnedain have 9+int mod x5 skill points from racial hit dice. Racial skills are: Balance(Dex), Climb (Dex), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope(Dex)
- Low-Light Vision
- Dúnedain are proficient with all simple and martial weapons and one exotic weapon of their choice. Dúnedain are proficient in use of light and medium armor but not shields.
- Dúnedain have 2 bonus feats from racial hit dice: Endurance, Toughness
- Sure Footed: Dúnedain are always considered to be under the effect of a freedom of movement spell and may ignore terrain effects that would hinder movement.: Dúnedain can take 10 on balance and tumble checks even when conditions would normally not allow it
- Deep Vitality:Dúnedain maintain the physical condition of their prime for the majority of their lives and as such are largely immune to the negative impact of an aging body. Dúnedain take no penalties for reaching middle age and lessened effects at old and venerable ages.
- Flawless Memory: Dúnedain have a keen mind that absorbs and retains knowledge. Any time a Dúnedain gains a class skill, it is permanently considered a class skill regardless of current class.
- Spell-Like Ability: 2/week—Rally: Dúnedain can inspire others to accomplish great things. As a Standard action, a Dúnedain can grant a +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls to any ally that can see or hear her. This effect has a 100 foot effective range and lasts for 1 minute/2 levels up to 5 minutes. Similar to the spell Good Hope
- Automatic Languages: Adûnaic, Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Any other than secret languages.
- Favored Class: Any, Dúnedain do not take multi-class penalties.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|88 years||132 years||185 years||+4d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+2d10||165 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 10"||+2d10||150 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|