Custom Stand User Variation (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Stand User Custom Variant
- 1.1 Hold up pal...
- 1.2 Creating a Stand User Custom Variant
- 1.3 Class Features
- 1.3.1 Table: The
- 1.3.2 Manifest Stand
- 1.3.3 Stand Focus
- 1.3.4 Will Points
- 1.3.5 Stand Power
- 1.3.6 Stand Styles
- 1.3.7 Ability Score Increase
- 1.3.8 Second Focus
- 1.3.9 Battle Flurry
- 1.3.10 Improved Critical
- 1.3.11 Battle Flurry Improvement
- 1.3.12 Stand Power Improvement
- 1.3.13 Third Focus
- 1.3.14 Experience is Power
- 1.3.15 Final Focus
- 1.3.16 Ultimate Stand Power
- 1.4 The Act
- 1.5 The Tarot
Stand User Custom Variant
Your next line is, "Good Grief, aren't there enough Stand User Variants on this site?" While you might think that, this Stand User variant is for those who desire to make their very own stand and is designed to be geared towards the more creative to create a custom Stand. No Star Platinums or The Worlds over here.
Stand Users come in all shapes and sizes. Tall, small, wide, scrawny, even some animals have acquired stands. Now it's time to develop yours. How your stand looks, sounds, and its name are up to you, while the rest, powers, skills, and general capabilities will be up to this handy dandy page.
Hold up pal...
Before you continue further you should know there are requirements to be a Stand User. Such requirements are:
-Having a Charisma score of 12 or higher
-Having a soul (No constructs)
-Not having an existing class (Multi-classing ain't an option here)
Got all of these boxes checked? Good, then let's get to it!
|One such gifted Stand User and his Stand: KILLER QUEEN!|
Creating a Stand User Custom Variant
The world is full of many strange things and now you have joined the ranks of them. Sometime in your life you discovered you have an incredible gift: A STAND! But how did this Stand come into your possesion? Were you born with it? Were you gifted it by the power of the Bow and Arrow? Or were you cursed, and through sheer will and good fortune were able to overcome the unspeakable illness that plagued you for 50 days and nights? Whatever the case, welcome to the world of Stand Users!
- Quick Build
You can make a Stand User Custom Variant quickly by following these suggestions. First, Charisma should be your highest ability score, followed by Strength if you are choosing to focus on Durability &/ or Power, Dexterity if you are choosing to focus on Speed & or Precision, or Wisdom for better spellcasting &/or Range. Second, choose the Folk Hero background.
As a you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons
Saving Throws: Constitution, One of your choosing
Skills: Choose any four
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) leather armor and a shield or (b) leather armor and a martial melee weapon
- (a) a gun and 60 bullets or (b) a long bow and 20 bolts
- (a) a martial melee weapon or (b) a simple melee weapon
- (a) an explorer's pack or (b) a scholar's pack
|1st||+2||Manifest Stand, Stand Focus||1|
|2nd||+2||Stand Power, Will Points||3|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement||6|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement||15|
|10th||+4||Battle Flurry Improvement||20|
|11th||+4||Stand Power Improvement||23|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement||27|
|14th||+5||Experience is Power||34|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement||42|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement||55|
|20th||+6||Ultimate Stand Power||60|
Starting at 1st level, you are able to manifest your Stand. As a bonus action and 1 will point you may manifest your Stand and as an action you may command it. It acts on your command and can do anything you can do, including speak, hear, and even attack, but is unable to see on it's own. Attacking with your Stand deals 1d4 + your Strength or Dexterity mod of magical force damage.
It can move within a 60 foot radius of you, has a movement speed of 60 feet, and can pass through physical objects, and you can see though your Stand allowing you to command it if you can’t see it but you can’t see from your own eyes. Your stand is also immune to all effects that increase or decrease a creature's abilities, such as True Seeing, Sleep, or Resistance. These effects do not apply to your Stand and only can be applied to you, though you may use some spells to aid you in using your Stand, such as True Seeing.
As a note of reference, you may only use any of your other features should your Stand be manifested, unless specified otherwise. It should also be noted for reference that ordinary people cannot see your Stand. Only you and other Stand Users can see it.
Also starting at 1st level, your Stand gains a focus. This focus will determine future options for powers and abilities, so choose wisely. You are able to choose from the following focuses:
- The ability to have strength and raw fighting energy. Choosing this as your focus will allow your stand to make powerful attacks with its bare hands. These attacks deal 1d6 + your Strength mod + your proficiency mod of magical force damage.
- The ability to move quickly. Choosing this feature will boost your Stand's movement speed to 30 + your Dexterity mod multiplied by 5 + your Charisma mod feet and your movement speed is now double your Stand’s movement speed.
- The ability to be far away from the user. Choosing this focus the range of your Stand is 70 + your Wisdom mod multiplied by 5 + your Charisma mod multiplied by 5 feet. However, any attacks made with your stand at a range beyond 40 - your Wisdom or Charisma mod multiplied by 5 feet deal half damage.
- The ability to have your stand manifest and protect you from harm. Choosing this as your Focus will give you the feature Unarmored Defense, making your AC equal to 10 + ever 5 feet closer your stand is to you + your Strength Mod + your Charisma Mod + your proficiency mod. Your Stand must be within 25 feet of you to have this feature take effect.
- The ability to react quickly or make precise movements. Choosing this as your focus will give you the ability to reduce the damage of incoming projectiles. With this feature you may use your reaction to reduce the damage of incoming projectiles by a number of 1d10 = your Dexterity mod + your Charisma mod and whenever you reduce any damage to 0 or more you may spend 1 will point per 2 damage (rounded up) reduced redirect that damage back at the attack instead.
- your stand is still grow and as such will perform poorly for now. Choosing this as your focus will allow you to choose one focus other then development at 3th level, development again at 5th level, another other then development at 9th level, another other then development at 13th level, and another other then development at 17th. Ignore Your second focus, third focus, and final focus features.
At 2nd level, you manifest your will into abilities that your Stand can use. You start with one of three abilities:
- Stando Rush
- You can spend 1 will point to allow your Stand to take additional attack action on your turn.
- Advantage of Will
- You can spend 1 will point to add 1d4 to any of your or your stands roll.
- Stone Will
- You can spend 1 will point to give yourself immunity to all condition for 1 minute of concentration.
At 2nd level, you unlock the true strength of your Stand. You have developed a Stand Power. Spells will function as your Stand's power and you may choose up to your Wisdom mod of cantrip and your Wisdom mod + Charisma of spells. You may change these spells upon gaining a new level. The level of these spells must be less than or equal to 1/8 your Will Points (rounded down) + 1/2 your Wisdom mod (rounded up) To use the spell, you expend a number of Will Points equal to the spell's level + 1. Your spell casting ability is Charisma and your spell save DC is = 9 + your Charisma modifier + your Wisdom mod + your proficiency bonus. Your spell casting class is Sorcerer.
At 3rd level, you chose a Stand Style. Choose between The Style of The Act or The Tarot, both detailed at the end of the class description. Your choice grants you features at 3rd level and again at 7th, 15th, and 18th.
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
At 5th level, you can choose a second focus for your Stand. You may also improve your current focus. If you are choosing a second focus, then refer to the list provided in the class feature Stand Focus. If improving your current focus, then refer to the list below.
- Your Stand's power has grown. Your attacks with your Stand's bare hands now deal 1d8 + your Strength mod + your Charisma mod + your proficiency mod of force damage. However, your Stand's range is cut in 1/2.
- Your stand's speed has increased. In addition to the previous speed focus, your stand now moves quickly enough to make extra actions equal to your Dexterity mod for a number of encounters = your Charisma mod and regain all uses of this focus after a long rest.
- Your Stand has even greater range. Your Stand gains a range of 140 + double your Wisdom mod multiplied by 5 + double your Charisma mod multiplied by 5 feet. However, any attacks made with your stand at a range beyond 80 - your Wisdom + your Charisma mod multiplied by 5 feet deal no damage.
- Your Stand has even more protective power. In addition to the previous durability focus, you may have your Stand may take the dodge action for you for your Strength mod rounds of concentration for a number of encounters = your Charisma mod and regain all uses of this focus after a long rest.
- Your Stand moves very precisely and has great reaction speed. In addition to the previous precision focus, your stand give advantage to you and itself to all action on your turn for your Dexterity mod of rounds of concentration for a number of encounters = your Charisma mod and regain all uses of this focus after a long rest.
- your stand growth shows no signs of stoping. In addition to the previous development focus, you choose one focus other then development at 10th level, development at 13th, another other then development at 15th level, and another one other then development at 17th level.
At 6th level, you release a battle cry that causes your stand to let loose a flurry of attacks. As an action while your stand is manifested, you may spend 3 of your will points, choose a target within your stand’s reach, and release a battle flurry. Should this attack successfully hit, roll 1d8 + your Charisma mod to determine the amount hits in your flurry. The damage of battle flurry is then equal to 1d6 x the amount of hits in your flurry. Battle flurry deals magical bludgeoning damage.
At 9th level, your Stand critical hit chance is = your Charisma mod
Battle Flurry Improvement
At 10th level, your battle flurry damage die is increased from 1d6 to 1d8 and your flurry hit die is increased from 1d8 to 1d10.
Stand Power Improvement
At 11th level, you learn additional cantips up to your Charisma mod, the cost of all spells below 6th level are reduced by 1/2 (rounded down) their levels to cast, and the cost of all spells are reduced by 1 to cast.
At 13th level, you can choose a third focus for your Stand. You may also improve your current focus or, if you have one, your second focus. If you are choosing a second or third focus, then refer to the list provided in the class feature Stand Focus. If improving one of your two focuses, refer to the list provided in the class feature Second Focus. If improving a focus that you have already improved, then refer to the list below.
- Your Stand's power has become incredible. Your attacks with your Stand's bare hands now deal 1d10 + double your Strength mod + double your Charisma + double your proficiency mod of magical force damage. However, your Stand's range is cut in 1/2 once again, reducing it to a 1/4 of it's former reach.
- Your stand's speed is tremendous. In addition to the previous speed focuses, your Stand automatically reacts to danger, preventing creatures from making sneak attacks against you, any ability from your Stand other then spell that take a action now can be done as a reaction, and you have additionally reactions to use for Stand abilities = your Dexterity + your Charisma mod.
- Your Stand has even greater range. In addition to the second range focus, your Stand now is capable of becoming an Automated Stand. While your stand is automatic it’s range is unlimited and can perform basic routines and seek out targets without you for up to 1 + double your Wisdom mod + double your Charisma mod + 1/2 your proficiency mod hour. The damage your Stand receives while automated does not translate to you. Your Stand instead has health equivalent to your hit die x your Wisdom mod + your Charisma mod + your proficiency mod. If your Stand is defeated, it returns to you. To maintain this automatic form cost 1 will point per hour, 1 will per minute after time limit, and 1 will point per round after the time limit to do anything involving a action, bonus action, reaction with your stand.
- Your Stand has even more protective power. In addition to the precious durability focuses, while your Stand is manifested and within 5 feet of you, you have resistance to all damage types for your Strength minutes a number of times = your Charisma mod once per long rest.
- Your Stand is amazingly precise. In addition to the previous precision focuses, your Stand can now memorize events, people, and images and illustrate them perfectly, only requiring a method to display them such as a pencil and piece of paper or a brush and canvas. Additionally you and your stand give your allies advantage to all rolls as long as they are within 5 + your Dexterity mod multiplied by 5 feet of your stand and you can now concentrate on multiple stand abilities including spell = your Charisma mod + your proficiency mod - 1.
- your stand’s growth is slowing down but is still going. In addition to the pervious development focuses, You gain one focus on 16th level other then development, development at 17th level, and another at 20th level.
Experience is Power
At 14th Level, Your experience in battle has given you a wealth of wisdom and hardened your fighting spirit. increase ether your Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom, & Charisma by 1, your Strength & Dexterity by 2, your Strength & Wisdom by 2, your Strength & Charisma by 2, your Dexterity & Wisdom by 2, your Dexterity & Charisma by 2, your Wisdom & Charisma by 2, your Strength by 4, your Dexterity by 4, your Wisdom by 4, your Charisma by 4. Additionally whatever scores increase you choose increase their maximum by the number that was increase.
At 17th level, your Stand acquires one last focus. You may either gain a first level focus or upgrade a first level/second level focus. You can’t choose the development focus with this feature.
Ultimate Stand Power
At 20th level, you master the powers of your Stand and unlock a final ability. You choose one 9th level spell from any list as your Ultimate Stand Power and your Stand can cast this spell once per long rest without expending Will points otherwise You must spend Will point for your Stand to cast the spell.
This style of stand particularly rare among users, as this style focuses on multiple power levels to a Stand, each increasing the power substantially. Recommended for Stands with lower power.
At 3rd level, you learn how to take advantage of success and strike while the iron is hot. Upon a critical success, you may take an extra action with your Stand. At 7th level ignore this, otherwise This ability does not stack with multiple critical successes.
- Act 2
At 7th level, your Stand gains what is called a "Second Act". This is a new version of your Stand that you may call upon at will. By spending 3 will points, you may call upon your Second Act for 5 minutes. This version of your Stand has temporarily improved focuses, increasing their improvement level by one. Your level 1 focuses are now level 2 focuses. If your level 2 focuses are now level 3 only if they started as level 2. If you are unsure of the abilities provided by the improvement of your focus/focuses, refer to the lists provided in the class features Second Focus and Third Focus.
At 15th level, your power extends to others in your party. You may expend a Will point to applaud an ally for a successful action on their turn and bless them with a bit of your Stand's power, giving them a chance to perform a second action. At 18th level ignore this otherwise This ability does not stack with multiple successes.
- Act 3
At 18th level, your Stand gains a Third Act. This is your final and most powerful version of your Stand. You may enable this form of your Stand for 1 minute by expending 6 Will points. In this new form, your Stand's range is cut by 1/4, this stack with level 3 strength focus. However, not only do you retain the temporary focus improvement of your Second act, your Battle flurry cost is reduced to 3 will points and it gains a different damage type of your choose & condition. The condition ends when your Third Act ends.
This Style of stand is particularly common among those who are part of a greater journey. Even if their role is small, it plays a part in a grander scheme and the fates smile upon them with power.
- I'll be the Judge
At 3rd level, you gain proficiency in insight and arcana or expertise if you were already were proficient. Additionally while you see though your Stand’s eyes you have blight sight = your highest sight feature you have access too. (Example: you have 60 feet of normal vision but your dark vision is 120 then you get 120 feet of blind sight.)
- Guiding Stardust
At 7th level, you learn how to read the stardust in the sky and can tell small parts of the future. As part of your long rest, you may make a wisdom check to read the sky for future knowledge. You may reveal the path to a location, a face, a name, an image, or message. Depending on your DM, you may reveal a truthful and incredible knowledge or a truthful but cryptic secrets.
- Fate of a Fortune Teller
At 15th level, greater powers and a fair amount of intelligence has granted you powerful foresight. As a bonus action, you expend 1 will point, select a target, and become able to see what it's next action will be. the target's next rolls for the round has disadvantage. Additionally you spell of 6th or higher cost 1/2 their levels (rounded up) to cast.
- Mark of the Devil's Luck
At 18th level, a mark appears on your ear as given by a greater power, granting you even greater luck. Up to your Charisma per long rest, you may re-roll any failed check or saving throw. You must take the new number, unless it is lower than the previous roll.