Catster (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Catsters are slow to laugh and suspicious to strangers but loyal to those who earns their trust. Catsters get along well with humans and elves but have a habit of looking down to smaller creatures like Gnomes and Halflings. They tend to sleep at day instead of at night because their catlike instinct tells them to hunt a night. They reply to petty insults with disdain and to serious insults with vengeance.
Casters have the same physical traits as a human except for the fur, ears, whiskers and eyes which are of a cat. Casters also tend to let their nails grow long but they do not gain claw attack. They have catlike eyes and the fur has the appearance of the type of cat the player chooses. The usually have an athletic build. Casters often sleep at day and need only 5 hours of daytime sleep to be fully rested. Should a Caster choose to sleep at night like the rest of the community it must take 10 hours of sleep to be fully rested.
Caster get along well with all medium size humanoids though they detest small people and they feel intimidated by large persons.
Catsters tend towards no specific alignment though they are more often chaotic than lawful
Catsters feels most comfortable in areas fitting the type of cat their fur reassembles. Most often they either live in jungles if they have tiger stribes and cities if they reassembles a house cat. They have no trouble keeping warm in cold weather that would otherwise require a thicker blanket so they can also be found in cold areas in the appearance of a Siberian tiger.
Casters all praise Bast the cat god who guards the dead of the underworld. Therefore they do never fear undead and feels it is their duty to put them down.
Bast the goddess and keeper of the gate to the underworld is Lawful Neutral. Bast takes form of a female with a well build body and cathead and claws. She is known for he righteous justice towards the undead who escapes the underworld and all her followers either gets them under control or sends them back where they came from. Her followers contain mainly Catsters of various kind but some southern tribes also worships her among many others gods. The domains she is associated with are Animal, Death, Law and Protection. Her favorite weapong is a Ranseur.
Casters speak Common and their native Caster language. The casters native langue also allows it to make limited conversations with cats.(Gm decides the limit) Catster tongue is treated as a secret language only known by Catsters
Casters name their youngs after the nature. First name is normal but surname is of the forests or other nature of where their were born. What you Catsters surname would be is determined in its birthplace and the nature around it.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma.: Even with the cute looks of a kitten Catsters are not a beautiful creature but their cat affinity makes them good athletes
- Humanoid: (Feline) Even though they are fluffy they are still treated as a normal humanoid just like a human
- Medium Size: Catsters gain no benefits from their size
- Catster base land speed is 30 feet:
- Low-light Vision: A Catster can see twice as far as a human in
starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. It retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions
- Weapon Proficiency: Catsters are Proficient with all simple weapons plus Schimitar, Trident, Glaive, Guisarme, Halberd and Ranseur. Catsters are keen with reach weapons and gain +1 to attack rolls when using a reach weapon
- Like a Cat: Catsters has the ability to always succeed a Tumble check maid for falling 20 feet or less since cats always land on their feet. They also get at 2 bonus to Spot and Listen checks at night (Only at night) and a +2 Balance, Climb and Move Silently(always)
- Automatic Languages: Common, Catster tongue. Bonus Languages: Catsters can choose any language other than the secret onces.
- Spell-Like Ability: Cat's grace 1/day (As the spell in players handbook)
- Favored Class: Ranger, Rogue.
|18 years||+1d10 (i.e. Barbarian, Rogue, and Sorcerer)||+2d8 (i.e. Bard, Fighter, Paladin, and Ranger)||+2d12 (i.e. Cleric, Druid, Monk, and Wizard)|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||100 years||140 years||+180 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4'30 feet "||+2d10||120lb.||× ( 1d4 ) lb.|
|Female||4'10 feet "||+2d10||80lb.||× (1d4) lb.|