Archcleric (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Archcleric
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.- Salm 23:4
Whether you are the dark emissary of a forgotten god, the noble cleric that spreads his faith in the gospel he sings or a cleric of battle, that cuts down evil wherever you go, you have been chosen by your god to embark on the path of the Archcleric. Whenever you want and you meet the prerequisites you become an Archcleric.
In order to advance as an Archcleric, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- Wisdom 20.
To serve your deity to the best of your abilities you must have a quality experience, knowledge, and a sound judgment in the simplest and the most complex of situations.
- Proficiency in Religion.
Archclerics are both knowledgeable and possess a great deal of understanding of not just their religion but the religions and faiths of others as such you must already have a strong understanding of faith.
- 20th Level Cleric.
Only the strongest souls and the strongest clerics are worthy of such a promotion, and as such you must be of at least a 20th level cleric before your soul becomes strong enough to stand up to such a strong imbuement of divine energies.
- Defining Moment.
You must have completed a quest, performed some great deed or done something worthy of your deities recognition for them to have given you such a blessing.
|Artist: Ju Hee Yoon|
As a Archcleric you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
|Features||—Spell Slots per Spell Level—|
|21st||+7||6||Ascendant, Saint, Destroy Undead (CR 5)||5||3||3||3||2||2||2||1||1|
|22nd||+7||6||Greater Ability Score Improvement, Favored Servant||6||4||3||3||2||2||2||1||1|
|23rd||+7||6||True Seer, Destroy Undead (CR 6)||6||5||4||3||2||2||2||1||1|
|24th||+7||6||Zone of Purity, Channel Divinity (4/rest)||6||5||5||4||2||2||2||1||1|
|25th||+8||7||Greater Ability Score Improvement, Destroy Undead (CR 7)||6||5||5||5||3||2||2||1||1|
|26th||+8||7||Angelic Movement, Grandmaster||6||5||5||5||4||3||2||1||1|
|28th||+8||7||Greater Ability Score Improvement, Destroy Undead (CR 8)||6||5||5||5||4||4||3||1||1|
|29th||+9||7||Defense Breaker, Channel Divinity (5/rest)||6||5||5||5||4||4||3||2||1|
|30th||+9||7||Avatar,Destroy Undead (CR 9)||6||5||5||5||4||4||3||2||2|
Your cleric abilities increase beyond what is traditionally the limit. You gain the following additional benefits to your class features at the following levels:
- Beginning at 24th level, you can use your Channel Divinity four times between rests and at 30th level you can use it five times between rests.
- The Destroy Undead table allows for the destruction of undead of CR 5 or lower at 21st level, CR 6 or lower at 23th level, CR 7 or lower at 25th level, CR 8 or lower at 28th level and CR 9 or lower at 30th level.
- If you benefit from the Potent Spellcasting feature, you may add your Wisdom modifier to the damage you deal with any cleric spell. If you don't have you get hit without adding the Wisdom modifier.
- If you benefit from the Divine Strike feature, beginning at 21st level the damage increases to 3d8 and then starting at 28th level it increases to 4d8. If you don't you get it without increasing the number of d8.
At 21st level, whenever you make a Religion or Arcana check and the result is lower then your Wisdom score you may use your Wisdom score in place of the final result. In addition, when you complete a short or long rest, you come under the effect of the sanctuary spell and when you complete a long rest, you come under the effect of the protection from evil and good spell. You are under the effect of these spells for the next 24 hours.
Beginning at 22nd level, your soul is marked for an endless crusade. When you cast a spell, such as raise dead, that has the sole effect of bringing a creature back to life, you don't need to expend any spells' slot. If a creature attempts to restore you to life but not undeath, they don't require to expend any spells' slot either. You can use this ability twice per long rest. When you reach level 27th you can use it twice per short rest.
Greater Ability Score Improvement
When you reach 22nd level, and again at 25th and 28th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. Unlike normal, you can increase an ability score above 20 using this feature, but no more than 30.
At 23rd level, your ascended state grants you an elevated awareness to the wider world. You gain truesight up to 120 feet and you can speak, read and write all languages. In addition, you may add your Wisdom modifier to your initiative rolls add to the DC of your illusion type spells. You can cast individuation of magic without expending any slot.
Zone of Purity
At 24th level, you can channel your god's power into the area around you. Choose one of the following two effects. You can use both the effects in 2 different Zones per long rest;
- Purification: As an action, you can remove one curse, spell and condition from your choice of creatures within 15 feet of you and that same area comes under the effect of the magic circle spell.
- Preserve: You can cast the hallow spell with a casting time of 1 minute and without consuming a spell slot. For the purpose of dispelling, its spell level is equal to half your level rounded up.
At 26th level, you gain a set of ethereal wings which grants you a flying speed of 120 feet if you already have it you can use it without time limits. In addition, as an action, you can teleport to a location you can see within 120 feet.
You have become the Grandmaster of your order and the vicar of the gods on earth. At the head of the main sanctuary of your divinity you manage its organization and dictate the rules of worship required by your god. You will be recognized by every worshiper of your god who will have an attitude of worship towards you by obeying your orders or offering you help. You will be treated with the utmost respect by all political or religious authorities who recognize your god. If one of your cultists is less than 5 miles away from you he will telepathically hear your request for help (sent by you or your god). If you die after the request has been sent you can continue fighting as a soul using only your spells. If no one stabilize your body within Wisdom+ 1d4 hours or you go down for a second time you must roll the dices against death and your soul can be affected by enemy' s attacks.
Beginning at 27th level, you've unlocked the capstone feature of your divine domain. You gain one of the following features depending on your divine domain:
- Death: True Reaper When you cast a necromancy spell that targets only one creature, the spell can instead target two creatures within range and within 5 feet of each other. If the spell consumes its material components, you must provide them for each target.
- Forge: Forge Master While you're wearing heavy armor, you are immune to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical attacks and have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
- Grave: Grave Keeper As an action, you can mark a creature for absolute death. The creature has disadvantage on saving throws against your spells, and you have advantage on attack rolls against the creature. If the creature is reduced to 0 hit points it immediately dies and cannot be returned to life by any means short of a wish. You can't target an undead or a construct with this feature. The mark lasts for one minute, and once used, you cannot use this feature again until you have completed a long rest.
- Knowledge: Heavenly Sage As an action, you contact your deity or a divine proxy and ask a single question and receive a correct answer. Divine beings aren’t necessarily omniscient, so you might receive “unclear” as an answer if the question pertains to information that lies beyond the deity’s knowledge. Once used you cannot use this feature again until the next dawn.
- Life: Efficient Healing When you cast a spell that restores hit points of 2nd level or higher using a spell slot, you regain one expended spell slot. The slot you regain must be of a level lower than the spell you cast.
- Light: New Sun Your Corona of Light feature now has emits bright light in a 90-foot radius and dim light 45 feet beyond that. Any creature of your choice who start their turn in the bright light must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC or be blinded until the beginning of their next turn. Also, your Channel Divinity: Radiance of the Dawn now has a range of 60 feet.
- Nature: Natural Knowledge Your spell list now includes the druid spell list and all druid spells count as cleric spells for you. When you gain this feature, you can swap out your current cantrips for any other cantrips from the druid spell list and/or the cleric spell list.
- Tempest: Personal Storm As an action, you can create a storm centered on yourself with a 120-foot radius that lasts for a minute or until you use a bonus action to dispel it. During this time, the area is difficult terrain and is under the effect of strong winds and heavy precipitation. You can choose to exempt up to a number of creatures equal to your Wisdom modifier from these effects. To them, the winds is a gentle breeze and the precipitation is a slightly uncomfortable humidity in the air. You can use a bonus action to cause lightning strike a number of creatures of your choice up to your Wisdom modifier and force them to make a Dexterity saving throw. The targets take 3d10 lighting or bludgeoning damage (your choice) on a failed saving throw, and half as much damage on a successful on. Once used, you cannot use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
- Trickery: True Duplicates You can choose to create only two duplicates instead of four, to have your duplicates gain substance and sentience, they can think, speak, and act as if they were you. You are telepathically linked to your duplicates and can sense what they sense, as long as you are on the same plane of existence. There is no limit to how far away you and your duplicates can be, but if a duplicate is on a different plane of existence from you, it disappears, leaving behind whatever they were holding that was not formulated for the illusion. Your duplicates take their turn after your turn, simultaneously. They have their own speed, actions, and concentration, and can take any actions you are able to. However, only one of you can cast a spell each turn, unless it is a cantrip. If your duplicates need material components for a spell, they must find some for themselves, whether from you or somewhere else. Each duplicate as hit points equal to your level, and when it drops to 0 hit points, it becomes illusionary, losing benefits from this feature. As a bonus action, you can seamlessly swap places with a duplicate within 120 feet of you.
- War: Destined Strike When you make an attack roll you don' t need to roll any dice, the attack is always considered as a critical strike.You can use this feature a number of times per day equal to your Wisdom modifier, after which you must finish a long rest.
You also receive a gift from your god that gives you a copy of his/her weapon (or weapons if the God used to have two of them like the shield and the sword of Pelor) that is considered as an artifact. You have to renounce to a number of magical weapons equal to double of your God weapons. No one can held this weapons except you. If you specify someone who can use the weapon he/she takes 3d10+4 damage depending on your deity.
Beginning at 29th level, you can infuse your attacks with godly power to penetrate any defense. When you succeed on an attack roll, or when a creature fails on a saving throw against your spell save DC, you can use a bonus action to make that attack's damage and effect irreducible. It ignores resistance, immunity, features, and traits that would reduce or prevent the damage and effect. However, it cannot ignore effects produced by a wish spell. You can use this feature a number of times per day equal to your Wisdom modifier, after which you must finish a long rest.
Beginning at 30th level, you are filled with your diety's energy and you gain its protection. You gain the following effects;
- You become proficient with all saving throws, and your proficiency bonus is doubled for Wisdom saving throws and Charisma saving throws
- You have immunity to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage from non-magical weapons and to radiant, and necrotic damage
- Your Wisdom score and maximum increases by 5.
- You have advantage against all the alignments that differs from your God' s one.
You also gain a permanent telepathic link to your deity, and you can concentrate (as if you were concentrating on a spell) to allow them to assume control of your body, which is visible when your eyes become a solid color, depending on the deity, while your body glows with a similar color and your voice changes to the voice of the deity speaking through you.
As an action, you can assume a fragment of your deity's power, acting together as one, gaining the following benefits for 10 minutes;
- You have resistance to all damage and have immunity to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from magical weapons and to radiant and necrotic damage.
- You can add your Wisdom modifier to all of your saving throws
- You can add your Wisdom modifier to all attack rolls and damage rolls
- You can use your Divine Intervention feature as an action every turn
When you use this feature, you can't do so again for 1 month from the next dawn.