Zora, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Zoras are a very peaceful lot, content to swim in the bodies of water they inhabit or work alongside neighboring communities of humans, elves, or other creatures in day-to-day jobs. Zoras are monarchial in structure, with their small territories being led by a king and queen.
While still visibly humanoid in some cases, the Zoras resemble various marine creatures in their body structure. Most of them wear no clothes, but certain members of their species do wear clothing, or a helmet that completely encases their head. They are generally covered in silver scales, which give them a pale blue sheen from a distance, and they have dark blue spots on their extremities. Where humans sometimes have long hair, average Zoras have rear-hanging caudal extensions of their heads shaped like the tails of dolphins, perhaps as a cephalic form of dorsal fin. These tails undulate periodically, which gives a Zora's head the unique semblance of a fish. Zoras have two large ulnar fins located distally on their forearms, and some have smaller fins at their ankles. They are sometimes depicted as having webbed feet and hands. They lack ears in the traditional sense, but do have pronounced noses. Zoras have gills on their abdomen, analogous to the placement of lungs on a human. All Zoras have green eyes, which may indicate a trait associated with the species.
Zoras get along well with Gorons, as shown by the numerous visitors to the Death Mountain hot springs. However, Zoras and Hylians have a touch of animosity due to bad history between the two. While this does not contribute to alignment or provoke wars, each race has a hidden dislike for the other.
Zoras, given their monarchial structure, are usually lawful.
Sea Zora dwell along the coast of the Great Bay, and have a small outpost in Zora's Domain. River Zoras, their evil brethren, dwell in almost any body of water, extending from the Waterfall of Wishing to the shores of the Great Sea itself.
Zoras worship Lord Jabu-Jabu. they also have a minor Deity "Princess Ruto" who was the Daughter of their greatest King.
Zoras speak Zoran and Hyrulean (Common).
Male Names: Zora, Ralis, Japas, Mikau, Evan, Toto
Female Names: Ruto, Rutela, Lulu, Laruto
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution: Zoras are highly agile and self-confident, but they don't have the physical builds of other humanoid races.
- Humanoid (Aquatic)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, zoras have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Zoras base land speed is 20 feet.
- Zoras have a swim speed of 50 feet.
- Amphibious: A zora can breathe just as easily in air as in water.
- Water Dependency: Zoras can breathe air for ten days without ill effect. After this time, a Zora must immerse itself in the nearest body of water or take 1d4 points of constitution damage per day until the Zora enters the water.
- Arm Blades (Ex): Zoras have sharp fins that deal 1d4 points of damage in addition to a Zora's strength modifier.
- Graceful Swimmer (Ex): A zora may choose to use its Dexterity, rather than its Strength, to modify its Swim skill.
- Cold Vulnerability: Zoras take one and a half times as much damage from cold, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or whether the saving throw is a success or failure.
- A zora has a +8 racial bonus on Swim checks. Zora can always can choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. A zora can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
- Automatic Languages: Zoran and Hyrulean. Bonus Languages: Goronic, Kokirian, Anoukish, Gerudo, Ancient Hyrulean.
- Favored Class: Ranger Gestalt. A Zora's favored Gestalt involves a Ranger in some
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||80 years||115 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 8"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
The information above is for Sea Zoras, the following is for their evil brotherin River Zoras
River Zoras are evil, grotesque creatures similar to locathah in appearance, but with green skin, an off-white underbelly, and tan flippers. on their heads..
River Zoras speak Common and Aquan.
River Zora Traits (Ex): This is in addition to the Sea Zora traits, listed above.
- +5 racial bonus on hide checks in deep water
- '" electric charge at will, as the spell (caster level 5th).
- +2 Constitution, +2 Strength, -4 Charisma. This replaces the usual Zora adjustment.
- Level adjustment: +1