Zombie (4e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
More zombies for your pleasure.
In addition to the user zombies below, here is an index to the various zombies in official publications.
|Zombie Shambler||5||Minion Brute||OG|
|Blood Sea Zombie||7||Brute||OG|
|Rot Grub Zombie||8||Skirmisher||MM3|
|Dead Zombie Myrmidon||10||Soldier||OG|
|Strahd's Dread Zombie||16||Minion||OG|
- MM1 - Monster Manual
- MM2 - Monster Manual 2
- MM3 - Monster Manual 3
- MV - Monster Vault
- OG - Open Grave
Adventurers used to fighting other humanoid zombies may be surprised by this frog-like zombie's sudden, lurching, semi-hopping charge. And, of course, these zombies are unhindered by water.
Hulking Zombie Throng
A throng of human zombies is bad enough. A horde of zombie ogres can pack a cavern or street with wall-to-wall undead flesh as they shuffle and moan. Smaller zombified creatures such as goblins or bugbears are sometimes in the mix, often with crushed limbs from the pressing weight of their throng. A hulking zombie throng can collectively decide to rush - a stampede. This usually spells the doom of the flattened victim.
Throngs are swarms, so in addition to the resistances and vulnerabilities noted in the statblock remember that the throng:
- Encounter Examples
Level 13 Encounter (XP 4400) - Movarth's Lair
Movarth's Lair is a large cavern that was once home to a tribe of ogres. A lich necromancer desired the reagents located within, so introduced a necrotising disease: the whole tribe perished.
- 2 hulking zombie throngs (Level 12 brute, 700 XP each)
- 1 lich necromancer (Level 14 elite controller, 2000 XP) [see Monster Vault p. 183]
- 4 lich claws (level 14 minions, 250 XP each) [see Open Grave p. 143]
The cavern is at least 6 squares by 8 squares (enough to house both throngs and give them room to charge). It has the following terrain features:
- Rocks - 6 scattered squares - difficult terrain
- Stalactites - any 4 squares, not adjacent to the wall, but without blocking the throng's access - obstructing terrain
- Sinkhole - 2x2 squares near the entrance. The zombies (under the command of the lich) will delay their mass rush until they can knock the intruders into the hole. The sinkhole is 30' deep, so those falling inside take 3d10 damage. Climbing the wall requires a DC 15 Athletics check.
- Necrotic ground - 3x3 squares near the rear of the cavern, by the lich's throne. A creature that spends a healing surge on necrotic ground only recovers half the normal hit points.
Back to Main Page → 4e Homebrew → Creatures → Level 1 Back to Main Page → 4e Homebrew → Creatures → Level 12