Zhan (D20 Modern Race)
From D&D Wiki
The zhan are a highly specialized aquatic race who dwell on the cold, harsh planet of Calym. They share more in common with seals then humans. The zhan language sounds like a seals bark, and thus is incredibly hard for other species to learn their language, and for zhans to learn other languages.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma.
- Medium Humanoid (Zhan).
- Zhan base land speed is 20 ft
- Zhan base swim speed is 40 ft
- Low-Light Vision.
- +8 racial bonus on Swim checks. a zhan can always choose to take 10 on a swim check, even if rushed or threatened. +2 racial bonus on Navigate checks.
- Breath Holding: a Zhan can hold their breath for ten times as long as
- Water adapted: Zhan are well adapted to an aquatic lifestyle, and must consume fish and othe seafood for sustenance, can drink saltwater without harm, and suffer a -2 penalty to dexterity and reflex saves on land.
- Cold Resistance: a Zhan's thick fur coat and blubber confer a +4 racial bonus on fortitude saves made against cold.
- Zhan treat all Zhan Weapons as simple weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Calym Tribal Dialect. Bonus languages: any, however, Zhan must spend twice as many skill points to learn other languages, due to their vocal cords.
- Favored Class: Tough Hero.
- LA: +0