Zebra (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Zebras are the nomads of their world, generally living off the land.
The height and weight of the average zebra is slightly smaller than that of an earth pony. They have the usual of a white and black fur over their bodies. Their hair can vary in color as can their eyes. Unusual fur patterns can exist, though is not exactly common.
Zebras at first start off a bit cautious but willing to give a word of advice or warning to newcomers. Friends find they can be a rather loyal companion.
Zebras have been known to live in some odd places out of the common aspect of civilization and habitability. However, it is also not uncommon for them to move about. As a general rule, they tend to live in swamps with notably large trees and none so kind wildlife.
Varies by individual. Generally deities whose dogmas and domains that relate to the land get the most attention (Such as the common Druidic deity).
Zebras speak in an almost poetic way with the language they do use. They have been known to speak the common tongues along with Unicorn (Unicorn Language), Flamboyant (Earth Pony Tongues), and others that they can study. Generally the first 3 mentioned are heard.
Zebras are named by their parents at birth. As such, names can vary. Last names are not known to exist.
- -2 Strength, -2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Zebras are wise and agile given their more lithe frame compared to an earth pony. However, their smaller frame makes them weaker as well as not able to take as many hits. Their kind are not very similar to most societies which makes them seem somewhat odd to societies at large.
- Magical Beast: A talking Zebra that is intelligible.
- Small: Typical statistics for small size creatures
- Zebra base land speed is 80 feet: Their build is a bit lighter than that of an earth pony which makes them faster. However, they still suffer from armor penalties as per the norm.
- Adaptive Divine Cantrip (Sp): At the beginning of each day, pick one cantrip (0-level spell) that the Zebra knows from its Divine Spell list, the Zebra can use that cantrip as an at will action for that particular day. This cantrip cannot be changed once selected for that day. If a Zebra does not know any Divine spells or cannot use Divine spells for any reason, this ability defaults/becomes 'Create Water' as an at will action until it can either use or resume using Divine spells. The spell is cast at a caster level equal to character level (ECL) and the save DC is Wisdom-based.
- Natural Brewer (Ex): Zebras gain a +2 to checks pertaining to potions (Craft (Potion) checks, Appraise checks involving potions, etc.). A Zebra also automatically gains the feat 'Brew Potion' when they meet the prerequisite for said feat as a free feat.
- Automatic Languages: Zebra, Common, Unicorn, Flamboyant(Or Earth Pony, whichever is correct for the campaign). Bonus Languages: Any non-hidden languages (Such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Monk, Druid, and Rogue
- Level Adjustment: +0
-Notes: Armor that zebras can wear is designed very much like a horse. Through use of its own teeth and body movements a zebra can put on its own barding (albeit slower than a humanoid race). Weapons also have to be specifically designed for them to wield (Costs 20% more to make a weapon of such a design). Else wise weapon and armor proficiencies function normally (EG: Light Armor proficiency to wear light armor made for them without incurring associated stricter penalties. Weapon Proficiency (Short Sword) to use a Short Sword made for a Zebra)
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||55 years||75 years||+2d6 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 0"||+2d4||45 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||2' 6"||+2d6||35 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|