Zafeíri Katára (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
( - Disclamer; i have been developing this race over several years and its lore is Extensive and i am busy a lot, so i apologize for the slowish updating on the page - )
Zafeíri Katára, translated to the Sapphire Curse are all descendants of a wizard trying to become a being of the storm. In his success he cursed himself and all his descendants to be this new race, though its long lived and has a affinity with all aspects of the storm its heavily hindered in its magic use and once one dies they cant be revived by any means, not even a god.
The Zafeíri Katára have varying personalities from each other nearly as varied as humans, however all have a innate want and need to be able to fly when they want and are curious people, and in times of stress they tend to be rash and impulsive.
have pure white hair that stands on end with static flowing through it, as well as their dominant arm is always black and has a cloth like texture with a gem on the back of the hand. every Zafeíri Katára has a par of wings sprouting from there back it's appearance depends on the base personalty of the individual, somewhat magical in nature these wings can be brought into their body however this does not remove any damage the have received
The Zafeíri are most often Chaotic in nature and rarely Evil, but a few exceptions exist.
The Zafeíri Tend to feel most comfortable in the air, feeling trapped and depressed if in enclosed spaces for to long.
The Zafeíri tend not to be religious though all know that their race was created by a wizard trying to make himself more of a element of the storms. He succeeded in this and in the process turned himself and all his descendants into the Zafeíri Katára and by mistake, himself into the god of the Zafeíri Katára unable to ever set foot on the material plane. All Zafeíri despise him for the curse, however they Believe that if he dies so do all of them.
Zafeíri Katára always know Common & Aurian
First names are given to reflect an aspect of the storms, Gale, Tempest, Torrent etc. but last names are received based on their passions and deeds
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma −4 Wisdom.: Zafeíri Katára are a quick smart and beautiful race, however their carefree nature has them not thinking through their actions often.
- Humanoid (Air):
- Medium: No size bonus
- Once Zafeíri Katára reach middle age they stop aging and become immune to age related effects
- A Zafeíri Katára's dominant is completely immune to all magic, stopping magic flow through it & and magic that directly effects the whole body (including but not limited to; non doorway teleportation, regeneration, revive, and true revive, curses that must travel through arm say a cursed item, and spells cast through arm)
- Zafeíri Katára base land speed is 30 feet: Base Fly Speed is 60 feet:
- Shocking Grasp (Su): At Will; As Spell Shocking Grasp, Caster level is ECL
- Control Weather (Su): Once a Day; As Spell Control Weather, Caster level is Half ECL
- Control Winds (Su): Once a Week; As Spell Control Winds, Caster level is Half ECL
- Spell-Like Ability: At Will; Dancing Lights. Caster level is ECL. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Common & Aurian. Bonus Languages: Any but secret languages.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer & Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +5
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 4"||+1d4||80 lb.||3 × (1d20) lb.|
|Female||5' 3"||+1d4||80 lb.||3 × (1d20) lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races [[Category:ECL<!-#->]]