Yerg (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Yerg people are friendly, trusting of all. This has gotten them betrayed numerous times before, but their warriors are fierce enough to where that's not a problem, and enough allies from their generosity that they enjoy a safe life.
Yerg are brawny humanoid creatures that are often covered in a thick layer of fur, to protect them from the elements. They are usually quite a bit taller and much heavier than the average human. Their eyes are often covered by hair, but when seen, are almost always revealed to be totally black,
Yerg tend to get along with everybody, but if their trust is broken, they become a worthy adversary. If there is anyone they dislike innately, it would be a kobold or a drow, because of their natural depravity and untrustworthiness.
Yerg people see no use in breaking the law, and they believe that good things come to those who wait. As such, they are always Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral.
Yerg are comfortable in arctic areas, thanks to their fur. They rarely adventure to warmer areas, as their fur would cause them to quickly overheat and die.
Yerg people are monotheistic and very devout. They believe in a water beast by the name of Tormr, who lives in a great ocean somewhere in the world. Liquid water is rare in the places that Yerg dwell, and is treated as a holy object. Ice and snow are treated with respect. They believe the nemesis of Tormr is a colossal fire beast named Onde, who seeks to rid the realm of water. Speaking Onde's very name is offensive and punishable by a large fine.
Yerg speak a language they call Sodt. It is spoken exclusively in Yerg towns and cities, and can be taught to other species with moderate difficulty.
Common Male Yerg names: Ferdr, Orpan, Den Common Female Yerg names: Bretta, Nirma, Olphe
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity: The Yerg are a hardy people, but they often find no use for dexterous movement.
- The Disgraceful: A Disgraceful Yerg is born with a knack for deceit, and is often exiled from Yerg community, and turn to crime. They have no Alignment restriction.
- Large: As a Large creature, Yergs receive a -1 attack modifier, but a +4 for special attacks, and a -4 to Hide checks.
- Yerg base land speed is 40 feet: Yerg are unaffected by rough terrain caused by water such as ice, snow, etc.
- Iceborn (Su.): Gives the Yerg a strong set of incorporeal ice armor, causes levitation up to 2 feet, and causes a trail of ice to follow.
- Trusted (Ex.): Calms all living enemies in view of the Yerg.
- Automatic Languages: Aquan and Sodt. Bonus Languages: Common.
- Favored Class: Priest, Ice Elementalist, Water Elementalist.