Wood Golem (3.5e Creature)

From D&D Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Wood Golem
Size/Type: Small to Large Construct
Hit Dice: 5d6 (30 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30ft. (5 squares)
Armor Class: 13, touch 7, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+3
Attack: Splinter Weapon
Full Attack: Splinter Arsenal
Space/Reach: 2-9ft./2-9ft.
Special Attacks: Launch Splinters
Special Qualities: Construct traits, magic immunity, DR 20/epic
Saves: Fort , Ref , Will
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 9, Con 4, Int 0, Wis 0, Cha 0
Skills: None
Environment: Any Forest
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: Lumber
Alignment: Always neutral
Level Adjustment:


A wood golem cannot speak or make any vocal noise, though it does smell like freshly chopped wood.


Wood Golems, after a successful attack, leave behind splinters, dealing 1 point of damage per round per splinter.

Launch Splinters (Ex): Being made of wood, unarmed attacks being dealt to the golem deal 1d4 damage back. This damage is caused by splinter covering the golems body. It can also fire these at will, dealing 1d2 damage per splinter(1d100) in 1d4 meters. If the golem attacks with a weapon crafted from it's body, it can also fire that weapon at an enemy, dealing 1d12 damage.

If Wood Golems survive a fight, with a lost limb, it will grow back after 2d4 days.

If Wood Golems are hit with a fire spell, they take 1d2 fire damage per round on top of any burning damage dealt from the spell. If they are killed with a fire spell, they turn into a Fire Elemental, gaining self-awareness from the magic keeping it from becoming self-aware being destroyed from the fire magic. If a Fire Elemental is born this way, there is a 80% chance of running from the fight and a 20% chance to fight. If the Fire Elemental runs, it will come back at a later date, 1d4 weeks + 1d8-1 days later, and try to kill those that created it, twice as strong from when it was a Wood Golem.

Back to Main Page3.5e HomebrewCreaturesCR 4

Home of user-generated,
homebrew pages!