Way of the Yellow Rose (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Way of the Yellow Rose
Monks of the Way of the Yellow Rose serve the god Ilmater and are taught to embody his compassion and endurance. Students undergo rigorous training to endure suffering and take action against those who cause it. To the oppressed and downtrodden, the monks of the Yellow Rose are known as guardians and champions. To tyrants and the enemies of Ilmater, they are feared for their relentless pursuit and near indestructibility.
This monastic tradition is intended for monks of the Order of the Yellow Rose as described in the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide.
- The Yellow Rose is Silent
When you choose this tradition at level 3, you gain expertise in the Stealth skill if you are already proficient, or you gain proficiency in the Stealth skill. Expertise doubles your proficiency bonus for ability checks using the Stealth skill.
- The Yellow Rose Endures
At 3rd level, you can manipulate your ki to endure and overcome suffering. As a bonus action, you can spend 2 ki points to gain temporary hit points equal to your Monk level + your Constitution modifier + your Wisdom modifier.
- The Yellow Rose Remembers
Starting at 6th level, you learn techniques to transform your body to be more dangerous and resilient. You gain the following benefits.
Burning Body. As an action, you can spend ki points to transform yourself to have one or more aspects of a Remorhaz’s heated body. The following aspects are available.
- You can spend 2 ki points to make your unarmed strikes do any additional 1d10 fire damage. Any weapons or objects in your hands before the transformation are unaffected, but any object or creature you touch after the transformation takes 1d10 fire damage.
- You can spend 2 ki points to make any creature that touches or hits you with a melee attack while within 5 feet of you take 1d10 fire damage. Any equipment in your possession before the transformation is unaffected, but any object or creature you touch after the transformation takes 1d10 fire damage.
- You can spend 3 ki points to gain resistance to fire damage.
- You can spend 6 ki points to gain immunity to fire damage.
- You can spend 3 ki points to gain resistance to cold damage.
- You can spend 6 ki points to gain immunity to cold damage.
Your Burning Body lasts up to 1 minute as long as you maintain concentration. You can end the transformation on your turn as a bonus action.
Scarred Body. As an action, you can spend ki points to transform your scars into a thick hide that resists one or more damage types you have previously suffered in combat. Spend 3 ki points for each damage type you want to gain resistance to. You can only gain resistance to damage types that have previously damaged you in the current combat.
Damage types include: Acid, Bludgeoning, Cold, Fire, Force, Lightning, Necrotic, Piercing, Poison, Psychic, Radiant, Slashing, and Thunder.
Your Scarred Body lasts for 1 minute, but ends early if you are knocked unconscious. You can end the transformation on your turn as a bonus action
- The Yellow Rose Ventures
At 11th level, you become a seasoned traveller gaining these benefits.
- You gain expertise in the Survival skill if you are already proficient, or you gain proficiency in the Survival skill. Expertise doubles your proficiency bonus for ability checks using the Survival skill.
- You gain Advantage on all saving throws against Exhaustion.
- Your speed increases by 10 feet while you are not wearing armor or wielding a shield.
- The Yellow Rose Embraces
At 17th level, you become an avatar of Ilmater who can ease the suffering of others through self-sacrifice. As an action, you can spend 2 ki points and take 12d8 necrotic damage to cast Power Word Heal.