Way of the Inner Light (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
The Way of the Inner Light is a path of introspection, and is focused more on using ki to heal, rather than harm. A monk of this discipline is not meant to be taken lightly in a fight, however.
|Inner Light Monk by Caio Santos|
Upon following this Monastic Tradition at 3rd level, you gain the following ki features:
- As a bonus action, you can touch a creature whose his hit points are bellow its maximum, restoring a number of hit points equal to 1d8 per ki point expended, up to 10 ki points. You add your Wisdom modifier to the total number rolled. This feature has no effect on undead or constructs.
- You can spend 1 ki point to give a creature of your choice you touch (including yourself) temporary hit points equal to 1d4. The size of the die increases according with the Martial Arts column on the monk table.
- As a reaction, when a creature you can see within 30 feet is target of a melee attack, you can spend 1 ki point to protect this creature with holy light. That attack is made with disadvantage and the target also gain a bonus of +1 to its AC until the end of his next turn.
At 6th level, your unarmed strikes become embedded with light, dealing extra radiant damage equal to your Wisdom modifier. In addition, when you hit a creature with your unarmed strikes provided by your Flurry of Blow feature, it must make a Constitution saving throw against your Ki DC or become unable to use its reactions until the end of its next turn.
At 11th level, you gain the ability to imbue a creature with your sacred radiance. You can use this to generate the following effects:
- As an action on your turn, chose up to three creatures within 5 feet. You can spend 1 ki point per creature. The creatures regain a number of hit points equal to 1d6 per ki point spent + your Wisdom modifier. A creature with his hit points on maximum gain a number of temporary hit points equal to the number rolled instead. Each creature affected by this feature gain the effects of the heroism spell for 1 minute. Creatures that have been affected by this feature gain advantage on their first attack roll against a creature, until the end of their turn or until they move 5 feet away of you.
- As an action, you can spend 5 ki points to cast the revivify spell, without providing any of its components. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you complete a short or a long rest.
Avatar of High Light
At 17th level, you can summon the pure light from the celestial planes, glowing with divine light, washing your body. As a bonus action on your turn, you can activate this feature, for 1 minute, gaining the following benefits:
- A bright aura emanate from you, shedding bright light in a 30-foot radius and dim light for an additional 30 feet.
- Any creature of your choice within area has advantage on all saving throws, and other creatures have disadvantage on attack rolls against them.
- When a fiend or an undead hits an affected creature with a melee attack, the aura flashes with brilliant light. The attacker must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or be blinded until the spell ends.
- Choose any number of creatures within range. Each target has advantage on death saving throws, and regains the maximum number of hit points possible from any healing.
Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you complete a long rest