Way of the Five Gates (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
The Five Gates
Some Monks instead of focusing on different fighting techniques and weapons fighting styles instead choose to learn how to unlock the Five Gates of Ki Flow in their body. Using this technique is forbidden in many monasteries, however learning it is almost never forbidden. It carries with it great damage to the mind, body, and even soul of the user.
At 3rd level, upon taking up this monastic tradition you're enhanced training with your own Ki gives you the following benefits.
- Unnatural Speed: Your base walking speed increases by 5 feet, it increases by an additional 5 feet at 6th level, 7th level, and 17th level.
- Changing One's Own Flow: As a Bonus Action you may expend 3 Hit Points to gain 1 Ki point.
- Uncanny Nimbleness: You gain proficiency in Acrobatics if you do not already have it.
Gate of the Inhibitor
Also, at 3rd level, you begin to loose your inhibitions.
- Gate of Inhibiting: As a bonus action on your turn you loose your inhibition, and you may use 2 Ki points to open the First gate, you're enemies have advantage on melee attacks towards you, and you gain 10 Temporary Hit Points at the beginning of each turn for 1 minute.
Gates of the Body
Starting at 6th level, you remove any physical limits you have and can open the Second and Third Gates:
- Gate of Resilience: As a bonus action on your turn you may use 3 Ki points to open the Second Gate, you may loose a -5 to attack rolls for 1 minute to gain a +5 to your AC
- Gate of Pain: As a bonus action on your turn you may use 3 Ki points to open the Third Gate, you take 1d4 damage at the start of each of your turns, and you deal 1d4 plus your Proficiency Bonus damage every time you hit with a melee attack.
- Both of these abilities last for 1 minute
Additionally due to your continued use of Ki flow you gain the following benefits
- Ki Enhanced Senses: You gain 10ft of blindsight when not wearing armor or wielding melee weapons
Starting at 11th level you remove any mental limits you have and can open the fourth gate:
- Gate of Prediction: As a bonus action on your turn you may use 4 Ki Points to open the Fourth Gate, your movement speed drops to 10, and you gain advantage on all attack rolls with melee attacks, and you may re roll the damage die on a melee attack if the roll is a 1 or a 2 but you must use the new roll.
- This ability lasts for 1 minute.
Starting at 17th level you remove all attachment you have to this plane and can open the Fifth and final Gate:
- Gate of the Soul: Once per Long Rest you may choose to open up to two gates without expending Ki Points.