User:Blobby383b/Subclass Power Level
From D&D Wiki
1st Party Subclasses
Rouge subclasses should not just increase the damage or survivability the rouge has, as the core power of the rouge is in the base class, not subclasses. The majority of rouge subclass features are socialization/exploration/utility features.
- 3rd Level
This is the level where a rouge gets something to play with.
- Arcane Trickster gets spells and the option to use mage hand for sneaky things.
- Assassin gets proficiency with two kits and allows you to score critical hits against surprised foes.
- Inquisitive allows you to spot hidden things, detect lies and allows them to sneak attack on a successful insight check against a target.
- Mastermind gives you proficiency in two kits, mimic speech patterns, and use the Help action as a bonus action.
- Scout gives you two skill proficiencies and allows you to take a reaction to move when an enemy nears you.
- Swashbuckler gives you the ability to not trigger opportunity attacks against creatures you attack and allows you to sneak attack creatures as long as you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.
- Thief allows you to use a bonus action to pickpocket and use thieves tools or an item plus the subclass grants
Some interesting features to play around with at this level are those that improve the consistency of sneak attack and other exploration and socialization/interaction/utility features among proficiency with something.
- 9th Level
- Arcane Trickster when you hidden, creatures have disadvantage on saving throws against you
- 13th Level
- 17th Level
- 1st Level
At this level warlocks gain an at will feature or a feature with a lot of uses as well as an expanded spell list. Some warlocks also gain a few new cantrips or other minor benefits.
- 6th Level
At this level, warlocks typically get a defensive feature that requires a reaction to use and use is recharged on a short or long rest.
- 10th Level
At this level, warlocks gets a passive defensive feature of some sort.
- 14th Level
At this level, warlocks gain a big usually one time use feature that recharges on a long rest.