Tinker Gnome (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Technological Bent, View the Tinkerer Class
They gain an obsession with one object or a specific technology. Ex) Gunpowder, Clocks, Crossbow, Lead, Steam power Their culture uses coal as a money source, and do not typically understand why it is worth so little in other cultures. Cannot take any feats or skills in anything related to magic. (This includes anything that provides extra defense against magic, and any knowledge skills regarding or involving magic)
Gnomes stand 3 to 3-1/2 feet tall and weigh 40 to 45 pounds. Their skin color ranges from dark tan to woody brown, their hair is fair, and their eyes can be any shade of blue. Gnome males prefer short, carefully trimmed beards. .
Generally fair, exempting those that have magic being central to their beliefs.
Reorix, the god of Imaginative Design.
Gnomish specific equipment
- Gnomish armor is treated as studded leather +1 due to larger amounts of metal on the armor. (+4 armor modifier). The cost is 25gp and the weight is 25lbs. (Still is light armor)
- Standard tool set: cost 25gp, weight 10lbs
- Masterwork tool set: cost 75gp, weights 20lbs
- Both tool sets fit within a set of gnomish armor, with room for four oversized tools
Screwdriver, M: Cost 2 gp: Treat as Dagger with only piercing as damage type. Wrench, M: Cost 5 gp: Treat as a Light Mace. Hammer: Cost 12 gp: Treat as a Heavy Mace. Screwdriver, L: Cost 5 gp: Treat as a Club. Wrench, L: Cost 8 gp: Treat as a Morning Star with only Bludgeoning as damage type.
- A tool set includes a set of 12 small Screwdrivers, 12 small wrenches and other small tools, equipment, and other small items that can be used to create devices.
- 4 hours/level/week is spent refurbishing and replenishing these equipments to allow for the creation of their devices.
They, as a race do not speak Gnomish, as instead they speak a form of accelerated common allowing them to communicate and listen at the same time. (This will annoy those who speak common).
Their names are the length of full books, used only in formal introductions. Their “short” names are generally five to six page long excerpts from their family tree denoting the achievements of their family, used in informal introductions. Although they do not like the shortening of their name past their “short” name, those of a race who cannot speak their accelerated common are typically allowed to use an extremely short name for them in casual conversation. Ex) Gnosh Gearheart or Garle Oiledbelt
- +3 intelligence, +3 dexterity: They are smart and industrious as a race and are prone to working with small, intricate devices.
- Their Wisdom is rolled with 3d6 rather than 4d6, dropping the lowest.
- Gnome: Tinker
- Small: +1 to AC
- Tinker Gnomes base land speed is 20 feet.
- A gnome’s base land speed is 20 feet.
- Low-light vision.
- Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes may treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- They gain an obsession with one object or a specific technology.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type (such as ogres, troll, and hill giants).
- +3 racial bonus on Disable Device checks.
- +3 racial bonus on Knowledge (Engineering) checks.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|150 years||200 years||250 years||300 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 4"||+1d8"||95 lb.||+2d6 lb.|
|Female||3' 2"||+1d6"||92 lb.||+1d8 lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races [[Category:<!-race's type-> Type]] [[Category:<!-race's subtype; or remove line-> Subtype]] [[Category:<!-race's size-> Size]] [[Category:LA<!-#->]] [[Category:ECL<!-#->]]