Tibbit Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Tibbits (also known as dogweres or wolfweres) are small, humanoid creatures that have the ability to turn into a puppy. They arose from animals kept as animal companions in ages past. The powerful magic that allows an animal companion to gain intelligence and magic abilities slowly filtered from one generation of canines to the next. Whether tibbits evolved from a natural process, divine intervention, or a sudden surge in the magic running through their ancestry, none can say. Tibbits have never existed in large numbers, and their tendency to spread across the world leaves them with a fractured, incomplete racial history. Much like their canine ancestors tibbits exhibit independence, loyalty, and bravery. They rarely form communities larger than two or three families, and even these small packs rarely hold together for more than a few years. Shortly after reaching adulthood, a tibbit develops an intense desire to wander the world and satisfy her racial curiosity. Tibbits can be found wherever humans and other civilized humanoid races have established cities, towns, and colonies. Among humans and other humanoids tibbits usually remain in their canine form. The stray puppy that prowls a neighborhood, the mangy mutt adopted as a temple's unofficial pet, and the lazy canine always close at hand at the local tavern might be tibbits. Driven by curiosity, tibbits love to remain in their animal form while observing humans. Cynical observers contend that a tibbit seeks to spy on others. Tibbits hold that they merely like to keep an ear and eye out for any interesting bits of news. Tibbits are typically too carefree and impulsive to work as spies or hired killers. Upon overhearing a group of adventurers talking over a treasure map in hushed tones, a tibbit might be just as likely to shift into humanoid form on the spot and offer to join the adventure as she is to lose interest and chase down a juicy squirrel she spotted across the road.
Tibbits spend most of their time in their puppy form. watching the world around them and being loyal to their masters. loving children and traveling they can often be found among trading caravans playing with the children of the traders.
in humanoid form they resemble human children of 12 or 13 with dark hair and eyes. Occasionally however they will be born with bright eyes or white hair. in puppy form their fur and eye colors remain the same. they will appear as a puppy of any breed of canine.
Tibbits get along with most good aligned races and anyone who likes dogs. a tibbit may ignore many Faults in a singular person if they treat dogs with respect and love.
Ussually Lawful Good, Tibbits will occasionally be chaotic.
Having no lands of their own Tibbits travel the known world to find their place in it.
Having no single cohesive religion many Tibbits will adopt the religion of their chosen masters or even worship their masters in their own way.
Tibbits speak Common and Canid. they are born with an understanding of Canid as are all Dogs and Wolves. a Tibbit can use Canid to speak to a dog or wolf with an intelligence of 3 or higher and to communicate feelings to those with an intelligence of 2 or lower.
Tibbits choose their names from the names of whatever race they live with currently.
- +2 Charisma, -2 Strength. Tibbits are cute and cuddly but not very strong
- Monstrous Humanoid (Shapechanger)
- Small: As a Small creature, a tibbit gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium creature.
- Tibbits base land speed is 30 feet
- Darkvision(Ex): Tibbits can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and Tibbits can function just fine with no light at all.
- Canine Transformation: At will, as a standard action, a tibbit can transform into a puppy. This effect is similar to the spell polymorph but with a number of key changes. In puppy form, the tibbit becomes size Tiny. Her size bonus to Armor Class and on attack rolls increases to +2, and her size bonus on Hide checks becomes +8. She gains a +10ft bonus to her land speed. A tibbit suffers a -8 penalty to Strength (minimum 3) but gains a +2 bonus to Dexterity and Charisma. A tibbit gains natural claw and bite attacks in her canine form. A tibbit's claws deal ld2 points of damage and her bite deals ld3 points of damage. With a full attack, she can attack twice with her claws at her full attack bonus and once with her bite with a -5 penalty. A tibbit does not gain additional attacks due to a high base attack bonus when in puppy form. A tibbit can transform from a puppy back to her humanoid form as a full-round action. She must wait 1 hour to turn back into a puppy after reverting to her humanoid form. A tibbit's equipment usually transforms to become part of her puppy body. She loses the benefits of any weapons, shields, armor, or robes she wears or carries. Items that require a physical apparatus to function, such as a ring or a pair of boots, shift to adopt a form suitable to a puppy, such as a collar or anklet and continue to provide their benefits. A tibbit's puppy form is unable to speak or use her paws to manipulate fine objects. She cannot cast spells with a verbal or somatic component, use scrolls, or otherwise activate magic items. A tibbit slain in puppy form reverts to her humanoid form after 1 round. Any spell that reveals the true nature of a creature under the effects of polymorph shows the truth behind a tibbit's puppy guise. Spells that reveal magical auras but do not penetrate a polymorph spell reveal nothing special about a tibbit in puppy form. Aside from the changes noted here, a tibbit's abilities and game statistics otherwise remain the same. Note that anyone spotting a tibbit in puppy form has a difficult time recognizing the canine as a tibbit. tibbits who stay in Canine form for long periods of time will appear to age as normal for a canine of their breed. but when changing to their humanoid form and back again will revert to their puppy form. some markings may change over the course of 10 to 15 years as a canine.
- Tibbits gain Scent as an Extraordinary ability.
- +2 racial bonus on all Spot and Listen checks. Tibbits have keen eyes and ears.
- +2 racial bonus on all Diplomacy and Survival checks. Like their canine cousins, tibbits are adept at getting what they want with their personalities and their noses.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Canid. The Canid language is spoken by all tibbits and dogs/wolves with an Intelligence of 3 or higher, allowing a tibbit to use the Diplomacy skill against such canines. This language is part of the canines' racial heritage. Other races cannot master it, nor can they use spells such as tongues to communicate with dogs/wolves Bonus Languages: Any. Tibbits travel far and wide and their curiosity pushes them to learn a number of languages.
- Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass tibbit's Fighter class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|125 years||200 years||300 years||+3d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 0"||+2d4||85 lb.||× 1 lb.|
|Female||4' 2"||+2d6||80 lb.||× 1 lb.|