The Black Knight (3.5e Substitution Levels)

From D&D Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Missing.png One or more images on this page are unattributed. Please include on this page the name of the artist or copyright holder, in addition to a link to the artist's website if available and appropriate.

"Google" isn't a source; it shows web search results. "Pinterest" isn't a source; it's an aggregate of images copied or linked to from other websites.

If you own this image, or it is covered by public domain, consider uploading the image to D&D Wiki. If the source of the image cannot be located or the copyright holder wishes for the image to not be on this page, then remove the image. For more information on copyright law, see D&D Wiki:Copyrights.

Edit this Page | All pages with an unattributed image

A black knight prepped for battle...

The Black Knight[edit]

Black Knights are a vicious breed of fighter who are typically servitors of evil necromancers or are themselves dabblers in the blackest of arts. Many naturally decide to become blackguards as they fully embrace the wickedness within. Fighters of any race may become black knights, but humans, dwarves, tieflings, and half-orcs are the most notorious candidates.

Class: Fighter.
Alignment: Any evil. Also, see the Redeemed Black Knights section below.
Table: The Black Knight

Hit Die: d10

Level Base
Attack Bonus
Saving Throws Special
Fort Ref Will
3rd +3 +3 +1 +1 Intimidating Demeanor
7th +7/+2 +5 +2 +2 Demoralizing Glare
11th +11/+6/+1 +7 +3 +3 Mutable Anatomy

Class Features[edit]

All of the following are features of the black knight's fighter substitution levels.

Intimidating Demeanor (Ex): You are treated as being one size category larger for purposes of determining the area you threaten regarding the use of the Intimidate skill, as well as for defending against bull rush, overrun, or trip attempts. You may also use your Strength modifier in place of Charisma when using the Intimidate skill.

Demoralizing Glare: You may use Intimidate as a swift action, but only for the purposes of demoralizing. This feature costs 2 skill points to learn, much like a skill trick.

Mutable Anatomy (Ex): You have delved into the dark recesses of necromancy and learned how to shift your internal organs around in order to make yourself less vulnerable to attack. This makes you significantly more resilient against precision damage, giving you a 75% chance to ignore the extra damage caused by such attacks. This immunity diminishes by 25% for each additional precision attack made by the same attacker, however, to a minimum of 0% after three successful strikes. This ability stacks with other similar traits to a maximum of 100%. In exchange, all future hit dice are reduced one step regardless of what classes (prestige or otherwise) you choose to pursue.

Redeemed Black Knights[edit]

Much like the blackguard, it is possible for a black knight to find redemption and turn away from his dark path and instead develop a neutral or even good alignment. There are a few consequences for doing so, however. First, the black knight may never again advance in black knight substitution levels even if they again fall to the dark side at a later date. Second, if the black knight gains a good alignment rather than just neutral, the Intimidating Demeanor class feature evolves into Awesome Demeanor. Awesome Demeanor has exactly the same game effects, only the redeemed black knight now inspires awe in those around him rather than fear.

Back to Main Page3.5e HomebrewCharacter OptionsRacial Substitution LevelsThe Black Knight

Home of user-generated,
homebrew pages!